Talk

Advanced search

DH has got day off tomorrow , its down to me to plan what we do , where we go . HELP !

(7 Posts)
Debris Thu 30-Oct-08 07:34:13

He has suggested London Zoo, or the London Aquarium. Im not totally sold on either tbh. We are in Essex. Any ideas gratefully received. Want to avoid anything overly Halloween orientated if poss ! Thanks.

Debris Thu 30-Oct-08 07:34:58

Forgot to say, have 2 dds age 3 and 6.

Kbear Thu 30-Oct-08 07:52:53

go to the Science Museum - we went on Monday and it was great, much better than I remembered (from school trip in 1978 ha ha). Loads for the kids, Launchpad - go there first to beat the queue, they have an explosions show which is great then the Bubble show for the little one (basement) - shows every half hour or so.

Kbear Thu 30-Oct-08 07:53:52

and it's free!!!

There is also an IMAX cinema showing Fly me to the Moon (is that right? new kids film, in 3D). Family ticket £24.

JustKeepScreamingInFear Thu 30-Oct-08 07:57:02

London Zoo overpriced IMO.
I liked the Aquarium last time i went, ages ago though. but dh hates aquariums hmm

- Colchester zoo? - haven't been
- Marsh Farm/Tropical Wings (South Woodham Ferrers, not sure where in Essex you are?) - i like MF better.
- Barleylands - not been there either but others seem to like it.
- Day out in Sarfend - Adventure Island/hot choc on the beach? (ooh think we might do that, dh has a day off too!)

London based:
Any of the museums? Science is good for kids, plus the dinosaurs at the Natural History?
Transport Museum in Covent Garden (meant to be fab, going to try in the next few weeks i think)

any help?

smartiejake Thu 30-Oct-08 08:11:57

Colchester zoo is one of the best around if you like zoos.

Barley lands is just a collection of shops and a small model railway. Also have one of those pottery painting places but you need to book. They have quite good family days at the weekends with funfairs but they're not on all the time.

Marsh farm is good for younger kids and tropical wings is good for all ages (but not an all day thing but these two are close enough that you could do both)

Debris Thu 30-Oct-08 19:48:46

thanks everyone , some great ideas , just got to decide now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now