Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

West Midlands Safari Park or Birmingham Sea Life Centre?

(8 Posts)
Rodeo Sat 25-Oct-08 21:45:56

Planning a day out Monday to one of the above but not sure which one. Children age 9, 6 and nearly 3

Itsthawooluff Sat 25-Oct-08 21:49:37

I'd go with Safari Park - more of a day out. I found with my not particularly animal oriented DD's that there was only so long looking at a fish in a tank would keep 'em happy, especially if the otters are asleep.

Safari park, has drive round bit, walk round bit and additional fun fair, but younger children might not be able to go on much - AND you have to purchase additional tickets / wrist band thing to go on rides. £££'s

Moomin Sat 25-Oct-08 21:52:00

Both are good, though expensive, imo. If you do something else in Brum centre in the day and go to the sea life centre after 3pm it will be half price. It only takes about 2 hours tops to go round anyway so this might be a good idea. If you go on the What's on in B'ham website they will say what else is on - museum and library usually have lots of free kids stuff on.

WM safari park is good but will be chocka. If you don't mind the crowds there is a fair bit to do after you've been round the park bit in the car - seal shows, reptile house, rides and stuff (although they cost extra obviously). At the moment they are also doing a free return visit ticket.

Rodeo Sat 25-Oct-08 22:17:38

Thanks for replies! Have 2 x 2 for 1 tickets for WMSP so would be just over £20 (would prob give rides a wide berth) We live in the East Mids so have done Twycross, Drayton Manor etc quite a bit so thought we'd venture West

llareggub Sat 25-Oct-08 22:20:12

Weather forecast not great, I'd go for the sealife centre. Have a wander around the canal afterwards and have a burger. You could also go to the BBC studios in the mailbox, where they have a camera set up so you can have a go at presenting the news and weather, great fun.

TinkerBellesMum Sat 25-Oct-08 22:57:09

From what I've heard the safari park isn't as good as it used to be and Twycross is far better. Sea Life Centre is good, we've taken a few kids there sometimes and it's gone down well with all ages, but it's very expensive.

BananaFruitBat Sat 25-Oct-08 23:00:44

Safari Park is fab. DS has been three times in the space of 12 months. He LOVES the seals.

The Sea Life Centre is a tad 'boring'. According to DS.

sleepycatonabroomstick Sat 25-Oct-08 23:04:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now