Talk

Advanced search

Good lunch time Pub or resturant near Design Centre Islington

(7 Posts)
Starbear Sat 25-Oct-08 12:20:22

Going out with the girls to the Country Living Xmas fair. Would like to go out for lunch. Where is the best within walking distance from there? Thank you in advance.
smile

Beetroot Sun 26-Oct-08 08:04:39

YOu have to go to Ottolenghi on Upper Street. Left out of Design centre and keep walking

domesticslattern Sun 26-Oct-08 10:31:44

I'll watch this thread with interest as I never really know where to go- I have had some really duff meals in that part of town. Masala Zone is an old favourite, also on Upper Street. But you might not want a chain.

Can I also very highly recommend The Sampler which is near the Design Centre-not for food, just for fun! You get to try lots of different wines, from machines so no poncey hassle. Maybe something to do at the end of the day?

www.thesampler.co.uk/sampling.asp

Starbear Sun 26-Oct-08 11:00:46

Thank you Beetroot. It is Italian? Domesticslattern, we will try it and come home a bit tipsy which is the best way to be in your middle youth. ha! ha! Looking forward to any more suggestions.

Beetroot Sun 26-Oct-08 13:38:30

It is a food shop, deli, patisserie and restaurant Not Italian - more world food

Nigel Slater sayis it is 'simply ownderful cooking!'

Starbear Sun 26-Oct-08 21:31:52

Okay that sounds different we will try it. Hope its open on a Sunday? I'll get there before the others and check. Cheers

missblythe Sun 26-Oct-08 21:37:46

There is a nice Carluccios on Upper St-turn left out of BDC, 5 mins walk and on other side of the road. Does tend to be busy though.

Or, my very fave, Galipolli, which is delish Turkish food, a bit rough and ready in terms of furniture but so tasty, and fairly cheap.
Again, it's on Upper St, turn left out of BDC, it's on the same side, just after the Theberton St turning on the left (think there is an off-license on the corner just before it)

It has 2 branches just up from each other-get into the second one you come to if you can

(Carluccios is opp. them both)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now