Talk

Advanced search

Any recommedations for something to do in Kent - Ramsgate area?

(8 Posts)
FourArms Fri 24-Oct-08 09:27:15

We're staying with my parents for 10 days over half term, so looking for some suggestions to entertain a 2yr old and 4yr old. Just off to look at the 'local' site now.

FourArms Fri 24-Oct-08 09:36:32

or recommendations even blush

janmoomoo Fri 24-Oct-08 09:52:23

Farming World Faversham, Howletts Zoo Beakesbourne is great but need to time it well for the weather otherwise all animals indoors!. Nice walk along Pegwell by the Viking Ship, or Sandwich Bay (have to pay) or walk from Dumpton gap to Broadstairs then have a knickerbocker glory in Ciapinos or play on Broadstairs beach if weather good(our childhood treat!). Diggerland in Medway, will try and think of some more.

FourArms Fri 24-Oct-08 10:50:36

Thanks very much for all those ideas I think DS1 would love Diggerland. Do you think a 2yr old would enjoy it?

janmoomoo Fri 24-Oct-08 13:34:48

Yes I think so, tho 4 yr old boy would LURVE it.

Also Bird World in Wingham which has lots of animals apparently altho I havent been.

Public swimming baths in Ramsgate somewhere.

filz Fri 24-Oct-08 13:39:33

Wildwood, Herne Common is nice
Minnis Bay as long as the tides out

FourArms Sat 25-Oct-08 19:06:26

We did Diggerland today Had a fab time. Points to note - under 3's are free & if you buy tickets online they're cheaper, but you can't do that on the day. You can buy vouchers on Ebay at the moment to get a free entry, so worth doing.

ilovemyflipflops Wed 29-Oct-08 09:01:57

My partner wants to go take the kids to diggerland, they're only 4 months and 2, would it be worth us going?

Also Deals got a nice beach to walk along, and there you have Deal castle which my dd loved exploring and Walmer Castle further up the road (we have English Heritage membership and make good use of the gardens at Walmer Castle they are fab for kids to safely playin and explore and great for picnics, prob bit late in the year now for that though unless you like to do 'extreme picnicking!' (sp?!) )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now