Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to CONKERS near the National Forest?

(8 Posts)
FimboGotAxed Fri 24-Oct-08 09:12:16

Would you recommend it?

loler Fri 24-Oct-08 09:29:23

Yes was excellent - good for all age groups. Lots inside and out (the outside bit better on a nice day). Look out for a booklet on the way in that has a 2 for 1 offer in it (was pointed out by a nice lady in the queue to us)

FimboGotAxed Fri 24-Oct-08 09:31:33

Thanks loler. We are staying at the Youth Hostel near to it (first time in a youth hostel - grin),

loler Fri 24-Oct-08 09:56:30

Oh - interested in hearing what the youth hostel is like? Haven't stayed in one since school!

Sounds more comfortable that camping with DC

FimboGotAxed Fri 24-Oct-08 09:58:31

I will report back on this thread next week! grin

loler Fri 24-Oct-08 09:59:58

have a great time - hope it's sunny for you!

esc Thu 30-Oct-08 00:10:36

Agree with loler - great for all ages and beter outside than in. DS 5 loved it. Very disappointed with the food when we went - recommend to take your own.

If you are in the area and have transport, also worth going to Snibston Discovery Park in Coalville (great indoors and out), National Space Centre (indoors) and the free Abbey Pumping Station next to it in Leicester

FimboGotAxed Fri 31-Oct-08 09:04:55

Thanks for those ESC. We are home now.

Conkers was fab (despite the cold). We got there at opening time so the dc had loads of time to play on everything before the crowds descended. I also used the 2 for 1 voucher.

The only downside was the food, the cafe didn't seem able to cope with the volume. It was all cramped into a corner without much room for folk with prams or wheelchair users.

All in all though a good value day out.

The Youth Hostel was good too, although small. Even dh and I were in bunk beds! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now