Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Madame Tussauds

(11 Posts)
eightsixandtwo Wed 22-Oct-08 16:34:12

Hi..am a little confused...going with the DC and friends over half term and have just read on the website that no food or drink allowed and there is no restaurant/cafe only a cafe nero when u exit..therefore, planning a whole day there (as it so expensive!!) and wondered what u clever people do for feeding the kids...thanks.

janeite Wed 22-Oct-08 16:39:57

I think there is a cafe.

It will be expensive and overcrowded and I doubt you'd want to sit in the cafe to actually eat.

Also, the whole exhibition won't take you anywhere near a day - and is a huge rip-off generally.

I strongly recommend forgetting it and going to The Natural History Museum instead!

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Oct-08 16:44:54

have you already got the tickets

ie paid for them?

MorticiaAnnSpookington Wed 22-Oct-08 16:46:19

I wouldn't go there

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Oct-08 16:48:18

wax works give me the ebbe jeebes so I have never been but the queues outside are huggggge

but if you have already paid for the tickets

you wouldn't want to waste them

eightsixandtwo Wed 22-Oct-08 16:51:07

haven't paid yet but have vouchers so may work out a little cheaper. Have told DC so may be a riot if I don't take them. Oldest DD is doing the Tudors so thought it may interest her a bit hmm thanks for all your advice though..wish me luck!!

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Oct-08 17:01:10

do you mean like tesco vouchers?

perhaps go there in morning then go to museum in afternoon as they are free

hope you enjoy it

regents park is next door and also the zoo is nearby

have fun

smile

Kathyis6incheshigh Wed 22-Oct-08 17:06:22

If your dd is doing the Tudors, how about:
The V&A - free, and go to the British galleries where there is some great Tudor stuff including clothes to dress up in. Lovely Tudor miniatures as well, and massive Tudor bed.

The Museum of London - free again - their new & very cool Medieval Gallery goes up to Tudors and has interactive things and some really haunting objects in it - much better than Madame Tussauds.

Tussauds in the morning and one of these in the afternoon maybe?

RTKangaMummy Thu 23-Oct-08 14:18:35

TAKE A LOOK AT HEVER CASTLE

smile

lilibet Thu 23-Oct-08 14:26:01

If you can't pre pay with your vouchers do not go.

We tried to go at the end of the school holidays and the queue was 2 1/2 hours!!!

If you can prepay you go into a shorter queue, I think that one was less than an hour.

Celia2 Sun 26-Oct-08 08:35:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now