Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Days out in Herts and surrounding areas

(7 Posts)
Melny Mon 07-Mar-05 13:30:14

I'm a mum and I always find it frustrating that when I find somewhere to go to that might only take a couple of hours or half a day, I don't know what else is in the area. So I created a website that shows all the attractions which are within about an hours drive from my house in Herts and then colour coded them and put them on a map. Also if you click the coloured dot it links you to the appropriate website of that attraction. I found it useful to see the attractions this way so that I can plan where to go and then see secondary options and what is available on the way home or nearby. Anyway, I decided to put it up on the web for others to use, so please take a look and let me know if you know anything else that would be useful if added. The address is http://www.melanienurse.co.uk

catinthehat Mon 07-Mar-05 14:05:25

Quick query - what's the connection with hertsweddingcars?

pabla Mon 07-Mar-05 14:18:11

How about parks/playgrounds? If you had been to a museum, for example, you might want them to have a run around somewhere afterwards. If you are not from a particular town, it's really difficult to find out where these things are.

Melny Mon 07-Mar-05 15:02:43

Herts Wedding Cars is my husbands company and it was just a convenient place to put my website as we already own and control the webspace.

Melny Mon 07-Mar-05 15:04:37

Pabla, thanks for your idea, I will think about putting some parks on there - I also might include swimming pools with added value like flumes or wave machines etc.

EmilyD Mon 07-Mar-05 19:37:24

This is being done for the whole of the uk at www.childfriendly.net so worth contacting them to see if they'll add a link to you. It is basically a database of childfriendly locations for the uk made up of parents reviews. check it out.

catinthehat Mon 14-Mar-05 19:10:54

(Aaahhh I see)
I like the simple design a lot actually. Blue legible font, completely static, one click to another site, no frames.Reminds me of Google!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now