Talk

Advanced search

Baby friendly place for lunch in London Bridge - recommendations?

(17 Posts)
beanybean Wed 08-Oct-08 20:59:34

I'm meeting a friend for lunch on Friday who has recently had twins (her first) and my dd is 5 months old. Can anyone suggest any baby friendly places to go in or near London Bridge? Want it to be as hassle free as possible. Thanks.

VersdeSociete Wed 08-Oct-08 21:01:57

If you just walk down to to the river and along a bit (says vaguely) there are all sorts - Pizza Express and Wagammama and Real Greek

beanybean Wed 08-Oct-08 21:03:57

Thanks I know where you mean. Wagamamma has changing facilities doesn't it. Not been to one since I had my DD and you don't really notice these things when you haven't got children

compo Wed 08-Oct-08 21:04:48

google Giraffe restaurants, there is one in that area

VersdeSociete Wed 08-Oct-08 21:06:48

I'm pretty sure it does; it's such a teeming mass of children, Waga. Nearer than that there is a sort of arcade thing (but also opening on to the river) I think it only has a Cafe Rouge in it.

VersdeSociete Wed 08-Oct-08 21:07:23

Ah yes, the Giraffe is quite near all those others.

onceinalifetime Wed 08-Oct-08 21:07:24

Lots of options: Giraffe on the South Bank, near Royal Festival Hall. There's a Pizza Express, Real Greek, Eat and Wagamama near Borough Market which is nearer London Bridge. The market itself is great but probably best not to try and eat there as it will be very busy unless you want to pick up some food and sit down somewhere like the grounds of Southwark Cathedral and eat there - will depend on weather. Cafe at Tate Modern is also good and very child friendly. Just behind Tate, there's a new office development called Bankside 123 which has a Leon, excellent Middle Eastern/Med place called Del Aziz - very child friendly, fab sushi place called Tsuru but not enough room to sit inside with pushchairs. Amano - branches on Clink Street, Bankside 123 and along at Potters Fields between London Bridge and Tower Bridge also good - salads, sandwiches and pizzas.

onceinalifetime Wed 08-Oct-08 21:08:36

Arcade place is Hays Galleria - Starbucks, Cafe Nero and a bagel place - it's ok but a bit dated - covered if it rains but there are so many new places that are better tbh.

hoxtonchick Wed 08-Oct-08 21:10:59

do you eat out a lot with your children vers <whistles nonchalently>?

VersdeSociete Wed 08-Oct-08 21:13:31

Never, never, hc, can't you tell by the fact that I can barely remember where these places are? Ahem.

hoxtonchick Wed 08-Oct-08 21:18:19

i hear there's a very good place on upper st....

VersdeSociete Wed 08-Oct-08 21:21:19

I hear they banned children from that place, hc. Something about some madwomen and toddlers...

MingMingtheWonderPet Wed 08-Oct-08 21:23:41

Worked at lodon Bridge for many years, bringing back memories of great haunts!
AM guessing The Mudlark followed by a (very) drunken stagger to the London bridge tandoori not really your thing?
Pizza Express quite good.
Lovely cakes at Konditor and Cook, tho nowhere really to sit.

hoxtonchick Wed 08-Oct-08 21:41:07

full on small madam melt downs i heard. but very stylish toddlers wink.

redandgreen Wed 08-Oct-08 22:09:27

wagamama and next door nandos can get VERY busy on a friday lunchtime. you might be better heading for strada or dim-t next to city hall - the other way from london bridge along river.

beanybean Wed 08-Oct-08 22:12:57

Thanks for all your suggestions. Very true about it being busy on a friday lunchtime. Think we will try and get there early.

WestAleta Wed 26-Sep-12 04:35:32

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now