Talk

Advanced search

amazing maize maze?

(6 Posts)
ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 16:58:20

my FIL lives about 5 mins away from this its in manchester somewhere

has anyone been? is it good for children around 21 months?

fil says its great fun but then he enjoys 3 hour walks up steep mountains and expects my almost 2 year old ds to enjoy it too.

wessexgirl Sat 27-Sep-08 16:59:19

There are lots of these across the country - we've got one near us. Ours closes in September though, because they harvest the maize. Are you sure it's open?

Olihan Sat 27-Sep-08 17:15:35

If it's Applejacks, which is Warrington, it shut at the beginning of the month. Like wessexgirl says, it's harvesting time.

My dcs are 4.8, 3.1 and 21mo and we haven't taken them yet, despite being surrounded by them where we live. I don't think they're old enough to find it exciting and they certainly wouldn't be able to help us find our way round. Plus, I'm a bit worried one would disappear grin.

ethanchristopher Sat 27-Sep-08 17:18:34

yes its warrington

i thought it was open at half term, there is a halloween party thing?

mrsgboring Sat 27-Sep-08 17:56:14

We've been twice to our local with DS 2.11 - he loved it, just tore around the paths and occasionally blush through the corn. I had no choice but to follow. We didn't begin to find our way to the middle, but our one there were lots of stamps to collect on the way which were reward in themselves.

Ours is open through September, but we are further south which may make a difference.

Olihan Sat 27-Sep-08 18:01:58

The proper Maize Maze is closed, they do other events but the website says they are suitable for over 3's. There's a Haunted House, a Haunted Hayride and some other bits but I doubt your 21mo would get much out of it, tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now