Talk

Advanced search

Stig of the Dump

(11 Posts)
JanH Sun 27-Feb-05 15:44:04

What looks like another great production for primary school kids - again I can't find a production company venue listing (it isn't even mentioned on their website ), but it's on in Camberley in March and lots of other places too - ents 24 let me down this time but google finds quite a few (eg Wycombe, Sheringham, Aylesbury, MK) and there are others too - Radlett, Bury & Banbury that I know of.

AuntyQuated Sun 27-Feb-05 16:07:57

it sounds really good jan, thansk, have emailed the details to our theatre pals too. but it is on Easter weekend at Bury so not sure we will manage it, but the tickets are chaep enough

JanH Sun 27-Feb-05 17:22:24

It may well be on somewhere else up here some other time, AQ - I'll look out for it for you!

Have just found a bit more about the show:

<<A brand new participation musical for the whole family from the same creative team that produced The Railway Children. This will be another moving and stimulating experience of high quality musical theatre for both children and adults.

Clive King’s wonderful story of Barney and his Neolithic friend Stig has been a firm favourite with children and adults since it was first published in the early sixties. Barney and Stig’s many adventures in and around the chalk pit near his Grandmother’s house culminate in the fascinating journey back in the time to the day’s when there were only Stigs and stone circles.

During the light hearted half hour rehearsal some children are chosen and rehearsed into their parts while the rest of the audience is taught the chorus’ of three songs. During the interval the actors costume the children and the show, lasting one hour, runs seamlessly with everyone taking part as rehearsed.>>

(From Campus West Theatre, Welwyn GC. Wed 30 March.)

JanH Sun 27-Feb-05 17:22:59

"day's" - AAAARGH!

AuntyQuated Sun 27-Feb-05 20:12:04

"day's" - AAAARGH!

?????????can't find anything wrong

JanH Sun 27-Feb-05 20:45:33

<<the fascinating journey back in the time to the day’s when there were only Stigs>>

(it's a plural! days!) (so why didn't they put Stig's I wonder? These random apostrophisers (?) who don't even follow their own rules drive me nuts )

also, now I come to read it again, <<chorus'>> - AAAARGH (<<taught the chorus’ of three songs>> - I think what they're after is choruses - another simple plural!!!)

Beetroot Sun 27-Feb-05 20:49:54

Message withdrawn

AuntyQuated Sun 27-Feb-05 20:52:00

i din't search that bit -

i saw a good one at the Craft Resource Centre last week

"Please d'ont let the door bang"

JanH Sun 27-Feb-05 21:08:25

Can't find one near you atm beety - I'll let you know if I come across it. The production company's website is here , it doesn't mention Stig at all but there's a contact link, you could email them and ask. (Maybe you know them anyway!)

There are 2 other plays yours might like - Sprout! , which is on in Trowbridge next month (that's quite near you?); and also The Ignatius Trail which was on at Wellington School last week, bum. Now you might have to visit Manchester to see it

JanH Sun 27-Feb-05 21:08:53

Thanks for d'ont, AQ! Lovely example!

Enid Mon 14-Mar-05 14:45:07

Yes yes it does come near you Beety - I am putting on in the POWELL THEATRE SHERBORNE on June 18th at 2.30pm.

It is done by Image Musical Theatre - they are FAB. can highly recommend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now