Talk

Advanced search

Toddler Activities in the Ilford Area (or is that a contradiction in terms?)

(15 Posts)
Mumbree Sat 26-Feb-05 11:58:09

Hi Everyone,

Live in Gants Hill with my 2 1/2 yr old and 7 month old and am looking for more places to take them for some fun/play activities. I know I'm probably not looking past the end of my nose, but there just doesn't seem to be too much on offer around here. Any ideas for serious toddler wearing out time?

P.S Has anyone heard of a soft play area called Timbuktu that's meant to be around here/essex somewhere? If it does exist it's proving to be a bit elusive!

Bearess Tue 08-Mar-05 08:13:15

Hi Mumbree, I've never been to Timbuktu but apparently it is on the A12 just where it goes under the M25. How close are you to Epping - there's Kids Korner there. There's a couple of farms in the Waltham Abbey also. Tumbletots come to Buckhurst Hill, on Weds I think and there is also a great messy play session called Sticky Fingers which comes to B Hill as well (I think this would be near-ish you?). If you want more info let me know.

Pinotmum Tue 08-Mar-05 08:33:10

Mumbree, hi I'm In Chadwell Heath. As far as I know not too much in Ilford surprisingly as it's a big town. I take my 2 (4yo and 2yo) to Playtown in Romford and Kids Kingdom in Dagenham. Both are soft play areas with sectioned off bits for babies/small toddlers. I have been told that opposite the fire station in Ilford (near the Cauliflower Pub) there is a new soft play centre though haven't used it myself. As for Timbuktu is does exist but haven't been there either .

hina Sun 13-Mar-05 21:22:49

Hello Mums! We just went there yesterday. Its off the A127, just before the M25 turnoff, you have to turn left onto the lane right after the nursery, it's called Folkes Lane. Keep going and you'll come to it on the left. There's a big sign on the A127 at the entrance of Folkes Lane, just keep driving till you see the same sign on the left.

Alternatively, check out their website: http://www.timbuk2.co.uk/

It's an awesome place, where kids cannot hurt themselves, which is extremely relaxing for parents. Lots of place for them to run around and get exhausted (YAAAY!!) and separate play areas for different ages. Very stimulating environment and a nice place to meet fellow exhausted mums and dads!! Food is served as well, so we can munch while watching the munchkins!! Parties available too, although we preferred it as a tiring-out local place, when the kids need to get out......err though it's indoors!! Perfect for the cold days.

Mumbree Wed 04-May-05 11:49:35

Crumbs - I had given up hope on this thread - thanks for all your help! Tumble Tots - tried that for a year, found it deeply impersonal - a year in and the supervisor asked if it was my first day. Plus they insited on running it in the blistering heat - people were just upping and leaving! Sticky Fingers is excellent. Can't praise it enough.

loulabelle222 Sat 28-May-05 09:50:31

mumbree where are all these places that you go to ? i really need to get ds out!

jofrost Sat 11-Jun-05 21:29:39

Redbridge Schol of Gymnastics is moving to Gants Hill near Sains. It runs daily sessions for toddlers on a drop in basis. We go regularly with a 2 yr old and 11 month old. Currently in South Woodford.

loulabelle222 Sun 12-Jun-05 10:28:53

jofrost - do you mean the sainsburys in newbury park?

bubbaloo Sun 12-Jun-05 11:16:02

thats where im going now to do my shopping!!!

mummsy61 Mon 20-Mar-06 17:18:20

hi i have a toddler and was wondering has anyone been to this new place in ilford near firestation called Izzy Wizzies (I think) also i am looking for a venue for a party need help and ideas pleeeeese as cannot find anywhere for April.
Even areas Buckhurst hill. Loughton, Epping.
THANX

Bubbaloo Tue 21-Mar-06 19:52:34

I went to a party at Kids Kingdom recently(Dagenham),which was really good and very well organised.
If anyone is still looking for places to go to in Redbridge,try phoning the children's information service on 0800 5877500,They are really helpful and will send you all sorts of info on schools,toddler groups,clubs etc...
www.musicalminis.co.uk also run music groups all over Essex-check out their website for more info.
Kidspace in Romford is also quite a good soft play area-I've been there twice in the last week or so.HTH.x

honeybeesplay Sun 09-Apr-06 02:26:36

Hi I have just started up a new business for creative art sessions for parents and toddlers in Buckhurst Hill and South Woodford. Our website is at www.honeybeesplay.co.uk so please check us out. We are happy to do parties too!

Ruthie

venners Fri 27-Mar-09 15:44:01

Hi mums can anyone help please!! Im trying to organise my daughters 4th bday party and need ideas. It's my first party so haven't got a clue where to begin. It will be for 30 odd kids so any ideas will be gratefully accepted. Thinking off a centre that organises kids parties ie bouncy castles, games, face painting etc. Im in Dagenham/Romford area, was thinking of ymca romford maybe. x HELP

stressed2007 Sat 06-Jun-09 15:31:38

Can you try postying this on your local biard as it may not get seen here

What about the huge kids play centre thing in the Brewery?

Bubbaloo Sun 07-Jun-09 23:24:55

Robert Clack leisure centre in Dagenham is ideal if you want a Bouncy castle party.I've been to lots there!
It costs just £85 for a hour and a half in the hall,with 3 bouncy castles,toys,staff and games.You then get use of the party room,although you have to supply your own food.The kids love it.
Timbuk2 in Upminster is also great and costs £10 per child.For that they get 90 mins of soft play,then use of the party room for 30 mins which includes a hot meal,drinks and ice cream.Price also includes sweets for party guests.Ds1 is having his party there next week-we spend more time there,than at homegrin.
There is also Kidspace in the Brewery,and Kids Kingdom in Dagenham,but imho Timbuk2 is alot better.
Have heard the YMCA is also good for parties,but haven't been,so can't comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now