Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Day out in and arounds northants

(17 Posts)
shelleylou Sat 06-Sep-08 20:21:36

Want to take ds for a day out for his 2nd birthday in november. Just wondering wheres good at that time of year.
TIA

3andnomore Sun 07-Sep-08 13:52:24

what sort of activity are you thinking about?

Also, have you checked the Northampton local page out....there might be some ideas already

shelleylou Sun 07-Sep-08 20:31:27

anything really apart from wickys or soft play as i take him there anyway. Can go a bit further afield as exp is coming down for the day to come out with us too.
I hasdnt thought of that thanks

Leslaki Sun 07-Sep-08 20:41:11

If it's dry, Gullivers or Eco park in MK. There are loads of good parks and farms but not at that time of year. OOnly good places I can think of are soft play or mums n tots sessions! Danes camp swimming pool which has a mushroom thing and small slide? Sorry!

shelleylou Sun 07-Sep-08 21:43:24

ive hasd a look at Gullivers, will be a case of talking exp round to the idea. I think i may just stick to Hamerton Zoo near peterborough

3andnomore Mon 08-Sep-08 10:06:08

Zoo sounds good...there is a lovely Farm in Desborough!

Or a Butterfly centre at Rutland Water...lovely warm in there, lol!

Twinlakes in Melton Mowbray

Railway in peterborough

Thomas Land at Drayton Manor

Diggerland near Huntingdon

shelleylou Mon 08-Sep-08 11:43:09

i know about the farm not sure about it though.
Woulds love to take him Thomas Land but will be out of the question unless i get the train to tamworth with him as his dad lives in lichfield and wont want to do all that sdriving

Anotherbook Tue 09-Sep-08 18:02:51

The diggerland near Huntingdon would be good to find out about as my ds would like this too - have searched but couldn't find any details.

3andnomore or anyone else can you give me any details.

shelleylou Tue 09-Sep-08 21:24:31

ill have a search see if i can come up with anything on it and let you know

shelleylou Tue 09-Sep-08 21:31:46

found this one but theres not one in huntingdon unless im being dense

Anotherbook Tue 09-Sep-08 22:19:06

Thanks Shelleylou - I couldn't find a huntingdon one either.

Shame as he loves diggers or current favourite cranes.

shelleylou Wed 10-Sep-08 10:33:10

ye it is. My ds is just mad on cars and balls

FairLadyRantALot Thu 11-Sep-08 21:59:53

hm...it must have closed down then sad...
we went past it when we visited a friend in Bassingbourn...but that was 2 years ago....maybe it didn't take off then ...what a shame

empressorchid Thu 11-Sep-08 22:07:49

Sacrewell Farm Park just on north edge of Peterborough is supposed to be good. My sis takes her Ds there from Northants.

peterborough also has Ferry Meadows - big country park with lakes and a small play park. Sometimes Thomas is at Peterborough Railway ?Museum.

Hope you have a lovely day

shelleylou Thu 11-Sep-08 22:22:52

thanks for all the ideas. Will run them past xp see what i can get him agree too

Heated Thu 11-Sep-08 22:43:24

Dcs, both under 5, love West Lodge. Billing Aquadrome, Stanwick Lakes, Hamerton Zoo Park, Nene Valley Railway...or maybe try Milton Keynes way.

shelleylou Fri 12-Sep-08 09:19:49

i really want to take him to hamerton but had to get other options so his dad feels involved

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now