Talk

Advanced search

LES MISERABLES Kids Club.............. Anyone?

(63 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 18:13:44

Have you known anyone who has been?

We are going to see it on Saturday

Are all very excited

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 18:15:09

les mis kids club

For 8-11 years

and 12 - 15 years

wordgirl Mon 21-Feb-05 18:26:52

Ooh I am very ! My ds would love that. Just a shame we're several hundred miles from London. Have a wonderful time

tigermoth Mon 21-Feb-05 18:34:17

FYI I took my oldest son to see les Mis when he was 9 years old. WE didn't go to the club, so I can't say anything there.

Ds very much enjoyed the general West End-ishness of the evening, even if the plot went over his head a bit. The quick scene changes helped keep his interest up. He enjoyed some of the songs and the battle scenes. Hopefully the club helps children understand the plot and the background - I think ds would have enjoyed going to it.

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 18:36:21

We are going to the show on saturday

Am going to book DS in for the Kids Club later in spring

He is so excited about going to see it on Saturday

He has learnt the lyrics to the songs and so will be singing along and probably annnoying other people

Hopefully he will be under his breath

He doesn't have very loud voice anyway

I will tell him he must not make a noise

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 18:40:00

DS is 9 nearly 10

We have watched the DVD of concert/show from Albert Hall several times and read the notes

So he knows the story well as much as I do.

DH and I went years ago and hadn't a clue what it was about beforehand

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 21-Feb-05 18:41:32

RTK, leave him let him sing. We went to see Joseph and my DD2 sang her little heart out. It was wonderful. Enjoy the show!!!!!!!!!

tigermoth Mon 21-Feb-05 18:43:25

oh, that brings back memories! as it happened we sat next to a les mis fanatic, a very, very wierd woman. Ds was hardly making any noise at all (ie quietly opening a non rustly sweet wrapper, whispering in my ear) and this woman kept glaring at him and said something sarcastic, can't remember what but she was very OTT. She moves seats after the interval - hurray!

Sorry for all these negative stories. You will have a lovel time I am sure, especially if your son is so into les mis already. He sounds like a great boy!

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 18:55:38

Thanks guys

He loves "MASTER IN THE HOUSE" and "WHO AM I? - THE TRIAL"

His favourite characters are VALJEAN and JAVERT

He will be sitting between DH and me

He only heard the music etc 2-3 weeks ago

So he has done very well to learn the lyrics so quickley, {of course not word perfect}.

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 18:59:44

Actually have just looked at tickets he can sit on the end as we are @ end of stalls

RTKangaMummy Mon 21-Feb-05 19:01:28

Has anyone had the DD/DSs go to Kids Club?

Am thinking of booking it for later in Spring.

If DS goes to it and then we go to see the show in afternoon.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 22-Feb-05 23:49:43

RTK, just remembered. Make sure you ask for a booster seat when you go in so that DS can see.

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Feb-05 00:04:12

oke doke brill thanks

We are all so excited

The CD is played so loudly in the car with us all singing along

Kelly1978 Wed 23-Feb-05 00:04:17

It sounds wonderful, hope you have a good time. I've never seen the show only the concert recording, nobody wants to go with me. I love the music tho, and I wish my kids were old enough to take!

SleepyJess Wed 23-Feb-05 00:09:05

WOW!! A Les Mis thread!! I LOVE it.. but have never been to see it! sob I have the 10 yr anniversary production on vidand my kids love it too.. my little 6 yr old DD sings Castle on a Cloud and sounds SO sweet!

What the kids club?

And isn't it the 20th Anniversary this year? On my vid they said that they will see us at Wembley in 10 years.. is this going to happen?!

Oh I LOVE Les Mis! Too many fave songs.. but among them, 'A Little Fall Of Rain', 'I Dreamed A Dream' and 'One Day More' (think it's called... have to listen to the soundtrack when I'm driving as it all drives DH up the wall.. so not often reading the track listings!)

SJ x

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Feb-05 00:14:16

Will prob send DS to kids Club later in spring

We are going to the show on Saturday

£20 each for Stall seats thanks to MunchedTooManyMarsLady and her thread about cheap tickets

A link to kids club in my 2nd post looks brill

Kelly1978 Wed 23-Feb-05 00:16:09

I think it is 20th anniversary next year, but I might be wrong.
£20 a ticket!! If I wasn't so heavily pg I would drag dp there!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 23-Feb-05 00:41:09

so glad that someone else took up the offer.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 23-Feb-05 00:41:47

kelly I'll post in June or July about cheap tickets in August

Kelly1978 Wed 23-Feb-05 08:56:56

Will keep a look out for that one! Hopefully twins will be ok to elave by then, will be long overdue a night out.

bea Fri 25-Feb-05 10:34:28

ahhh! les mis fans! when i about 17 (many many moons ago) my best friend took me to see it in london (she saw it with michael ball... so that give you a few ideas how long ago this was!) and i've been hooked ever since, although i haven;t seen it in yonks! - when i was at university in reading, i used to take the bus down to london on sat morning and wait for returns at the palace theatre... all very exciting!!!!...i was sooo much of a fan, i queued for returns to see it in newyork when i was there for the day!!! hmmmm! i should go see it again as i gather it's all had a bit of a revamp!

have a lovely time... the baricades are very very exciting and no matter how many times i saw it, i loved the whole staging of it... very very clever!!!

SleepyJess Fri 25-Feb-05 10:35:58

Oh! I want to go and see it!!! I know all the bl**dy songs and probably the whole script! I really MUST get my arse into gear about this.. I am not THAT far away from London!

SJ x

RTKangaMummy Fri 25-Feb-05 10:42:08

Thanks

In the car on the way to school this morning we were listening to the CD and it was "MASTER IN THE HOUSE" and DS was singing along and doing actions that he has made up to go with the words. It was lovely.

We are all so excited.

Azure Fri 25-Feb-05 10:42:17

I also saw Michael Ball in Les Mis, in its first year. I went back a couple of years later and also saw it in Stockholm (in Swedish, which was a particular challenge to the guy I was with because he had never seen it before and had no idea what it was about). I really must see it again - this time I'll drag DH along. I can't wait until DS is old enough to go to the kids club - I see him as a little Gavroche.

RTKangaMummy Fri 25-Feb-05 10:46:53

We are going to the show on Saturday afternoon

We will book him into the kids club for later in the spring and then we will go and see the show again.

I am really pleased that MunchedTooManyMarsLady told me about the ticket sale, Thanks

£60 for 3 seats in the stalls

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now