Talk

Advanced search

Gullivers Kingdom

(5 Posts)
amylou Sat 19-Feb-05 16:49:31

Has anyone been? A friend and I were thinking of taking our children to gullivers kingdom over easter, staying overnight. Which one is the best - the one at Matlock or Warrington?- we will have two 5 yr olds and a 3yr old.

LittleMissShy Sat 19-Feb-05 16:53:31

haven't been to the one in Matlock but went to Gillivers World in Warrington in July last year and ds who was 3 at the time had a ball, we thought it was a bit expensive to get in but at the end of the day we agreed that it was worth it, we spent the whole day in there, ds was exhausted by the time we got home. HTH

Whizzz Sat 19-Feb-05 16:54:32

Not wishing to put you off but the Warrington one has had a couple of serious safety issues. A girl was even killed falling off a ride. And I know of other people that have also had a bad experience there. Personally I'd avoid it. I don't know anything about the Matlock one though.

woodpops Mon 21-Feb-05 13:46:45

From what I remember about Matlock you have to get there via cable cars and that used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. Especially as they stop ½ way up!!!

Kayleigh Mon 21-Feb-05 13:52:32

We have been to the Milton Keynes one a number of times. It's a great day out for younger kids as you don't get too many older ones around and they can go on most/all the rides depending on their height. I think last time we went ds2 was just 3 and there was only one or two rides he wasn't tall enough for.
The only downside we found was that on some of the rides the kids have to have an adult with them. So if all 3 kids want to go on a ride - and there is only you and your friend you will have a problem at some point. That said, there are loads of rides they can go on themselves, and loads of rides where one adult can take more than one child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now