Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with 3 kids agred 6 - 11 months in London that means I can do a lot of sitting on my arse?!

(12 Posts)
Thomcat Sun 24-Aug-08 21:33:05

I just had a small op and walking a lot is uncomfortable.

DD1 is 6 with Sn's, and we have another 2 girls aged 2.5 and 110 months.

Ducks Tours is all booked up.
Cinema doesn't work as DD3 gets bored and restless.

Any other ideas?

Thomcat Sun 24-Aug-08 21:43:34

Oh come on, there must be something.................................................no??????

scrappydappydoo Sun 24-Aug-08 21:52:00

Bus Tour? Normal river cruise? You can get a combined ticket and one of them has a kids activity pack (can't remember which)
London eye? - you can sit in the middle...

Thomcat Sun 24-Aug-08 22:04:25

Thanks Scrappy. In the silence between your post and mine DP found Woburn Safari Park which is an hours drive from London so think we might do that.

Had thought of the London Eye but can imagine getting on and DD1 deciding she's terrified and wanting to get off and having a melt down all the way round!

magnolia74 Sun 24-Aug-08 22:26:43

Woburn is fantastic!!!! I haven't got the guts to drive there yet (only passed test a few weeks ago) But have been there with Dh and kids and It was the best day out ever smile

letitbe Sun 24-Aug-08 22:34:05

also Willow'a Farm in Herts- very contained (just outside London), arse sitting to be done whilst DC's enjoy indoor play as well as watching some of the displays etc

Thomcat Mon 25-Aug-08 08:28:36

Oh that's great to know that about Woburn, thanks smile

And Willows is nice too but not quite as much arse sitting there! wink

WideWebWitch Mon 25-Aug-08 08:29:31

Woburn is good Thomcat.

WideWebWitch Mon 25-Aug-08 08:29:59

Wracking my brains for sitting down activities, will let you know if I think of anything.

scrappydappydoo Mon 25-Aug-08 09:48:52

You could get in the car and 'tour' round the M25 - you'll be sitting down all day!!! grin

Kitstelsmum Thu 04-Sep-08 22:44:26

Museum of Docklands in Canary Wharf - brilliant soft play area and lots to do for older kids too!

jennifersofia Thu 04-Sep-08 23:19:28

Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green (East End) is a good rainy day option for this age child. Arse sitting opportunities in cafe while children wreck browse in the shop / have a juice, etc. Also sand pit, dressing up area etc upstairs. Also walking distance to Victoria Park, with further arse sitting opportunities at good (enclosed) playground, feeding ducks (bring own bread) and further coffee slurping in cafe while darling children feed said ducks. If you do go to Victoria Park, there is a good fish and chips in nearby Lauriston (5 min walk) with lovely ice cream, and a good little toy shop and children's bookshop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now