Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

first time in six years - DH and I are having a weekend away! Recommendations needed for Hants/Sussex/Surrey/London!!!

(13 Posts)
HonoriaGlossop Sun 24-Aug-08 11:15:16

I am SO excited. We have the offer of DS spending the weekend with his grandparents, first time since he's been born that we are going to have a weekend away together!!!!

Due to six years of family-only stuff I am of course completely clueless about what we might do and where we might stay, and was hoping for any recommendations from you guys out there if you've had any fantastic weekends away.....

TIA!

Libra1975 Sun 24-Aug-08 11:23:39

Is it rude to ask for your budget as it will make a difference to recommendations!!

HonoriaGlossop Sun 24-Aug-08 11:29:03

not rude at all, I should have given an idea! I think the overdraft budget will be about £250 for the weekend, so I'm not talking five star I guess.

Libra1975 Sun 24-Aug-08 11:36:04

hmm ok, well personally I would find something I wanted to do together for the weekend, i.e go for a beautiful walk or eat in a certain resturant which would decide the area to go for and then use this place
http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv2018524/Landing.aspx?gclid=CKnTocCippUCFQLolAodN1Kt1g
to find a nice hotel discounted.

If you did want to go somewhere with lovely walks and stay in a nice hotel with a (very) good restaurant then I would recommend here
http://web.mac.com/annedocartier/The_Star_&Garter/Welcome.html
I have to admit I've never stayed in the rooms as I used to live in Chichester so didn't need to but the resturant is fabulous and the walks around that area beautiful as it's the South Downs.

HonoriaGlossop Sun 24-Aug-08 11:40:51

thanks Libra! South Downs walk is actually a brilliant idea, we love walking.....

SlartyBartFast Sun 24-Aug-08 11:45:07

i think this is nice

SlartyBartFast Sun 24-Aug-08 11:46:28

and this

SlartyBartFast Sun 24-Aug-08 11:47:42

and this

grin

HonoriaGlossop Sun 24-Aug-08 11:51:08

oo-er thanks Slarty those look lovely.

HonoriaGlossop Sun 24-Aug-08 11:56:23

I am loving the look of Ashdown Park and the fact that it has a pool and leisure club is VERY tempting......but it is right at the top of the budget......

<extends overdraft>

SlartyBartFast Sun 24-Aug-08 11:58:42

oh blush quickly checked other 2 but forgot to check ashdown park

bluesky Sun 24-Aug-08 15:32:28

I've recently stayed at The Crab and Lobster, Sidlesham near Chichester. It was lovely.

It's an amazing restaurant with about 6 rooms. Close to the beaches at Wittering. Chichester has lovely shops, and a great theatre.

You are close to Midhurst and the lovely villages around there. And again the South Downs for walking.

HonoriaGlossop Sun 24-Aug-08 15:48:03

thanks bluesky. I am so enjoying looking into this smile I love Chichester.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now