Talk

Advanced search

Any body been to Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood with a 2 year old?

(11 Posts)
Lolasmum Thu 17-Feb-05 11:44:03

I'm thinking of takign dd at the weekend. Do you think she's too young? I remember going there as a kid and loving it but I was a bit older (about 6-7).

hoxtonchick Thu 17-Feb-05 11:54:47

it is absolutely fantastic. we live near there & go pretty often. ds is 3 & could spend hours & hours there! the sandpit is particularly popular. a word of warning though, we went earlier this week & it was hell on earth because of half term. any chance you could go next weekend?

batters Thu 17-Feb-05 22:41:18

I would have thought it would be fine lolasmum in terms of age. When I went there a few months ago there were loads of toddlers having a great time.

Lolasmum Fri 18-Feb-05 13:09:19

Thanks for the reassurance. Dh is very grumpy at the moment and if we went and dd didn't enjoy it, it would only make him worse!

HC, I think it has to be this sunday as we've got a friend down who said she also wanted me to go.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 18-Feb-05 13:11:36

It's great for two-year-olds, there's a lot of brio, and a great sandpit. There's even soft play, although we don't generally bother with it.

It will be busy this weekend, but I'd try to be there early to avoid being totally swamped. NB: The cafe is not impressive.

cazabela Sun 06-Mar-05 07:51:58

it sounds good for kids mines 2 could someone tell me where it is or how u get there? thanks

NotQuiteCockney Sun 06-Mar-05 07:53:10

It's just north of the Bethnal Green tube, on the same street. Bethnal Green is in East London. Here are more details.

cazabela Sun 06-Mar-05 08:01:36

thanks for that i seems a good day out. i have family in east london so we could combine it all in one day.!

DecafArabica Sun 06-Mar-05 11:47:12

Definitely recommend it--DS has been a regular visitor since he was about 9 months old-- although as people have already posted, the cafe really does let them down. If you are going during the week there is a nice cafe virtually next door to the swimming pool directly opposite the museum.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 06-Mar-05 12:58:24

The Gallery Cafe is open on Saturdays too, just not Sundays.

On Sundays, there's an ok Italian place on Bethnal Green Road, just a wee bit west of the museum.

DecafArabica Mon 07-Mar-05 00:10:22

That's good news! The Sat I went it was closed. Perhaps it was just a one-off. Where on Bethnal Green Road is the Italian?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now