Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about the best day out in London you have had with the kids - need inspiration

(8 Posts)
foothesnoo Wed 20-Aug-08 17:13:32

We have had quite a few days out in London and feel I am running out of things to do!

Have done lots of galleries, the South ken museums, tour bus, all the parks.

Any ideas?

DrZeus Wed 20-Aug-08 21:25:43

Have you done the London Transport Museum? Went there today with my kids (6 and 4). Lots to do, very interactive, not overly busy and only cost me 8 quid to get in as under 16's are free!
Wandered around Covent Garden afterwards, then back to Waterloo on the underground.
Job done!

WideWebWitch Wed 20-Aug-08 21:30:48

We recently did the Dr Who exhib at Earls Court, v good, followed by aquarium (I DETEST it but they liked it if you do brave it buying tickets online turns a forty hour queue into a half hour one) followed by supper in Chinatown. Somerset House? Are they old enoufg for London Dungeon, thoroughly recommend that.

gillybean2 Sat 23-Aug-08 13:59:49

How old are your dc's?

Best day for us is having a nice quiet day exploring St Catherine's dock and the area around the Tower of London, then a boat trip up the river and a go on the London Eye. You can walk part or all the way up. Lots to see and do along the river front, icecreams to be bought etc. Walk along the opposite side to the tower though, (use tower bridge to cross over). There's one of those water jet fountains teh children can jump in and out of at one point.

Also have the aquarium right next to the London Eye, and you can see Big Ben etc right across the river.

Aimsmum Sat 23-Aug-08 14:11:27

Message withdrawn

foothesnoo Tue 26-Aug-08 11:31:02

Just come back to this after bank hol mayhem.

Kids are 8 and nearly six. Have done Tower of London (which I really recommend if anyone hasn't been - it's fab)and London Eye (which kids didn't really appreciate and DH, who has fear of heights, just looked green throughout), plus all the 'sights' - Buck house, whitehall, tragalgar sq etc.

They don't watch Dr Who www, too scary!

Have been to the Aquarium before but not since dd was v tiny - could be an option.

Does anyone know - can you get from Millbank to Aquarium on river?

foothesnoo Tue 26-Aug-08 16:44:56

bumping in a hopeful way

Hogiabach Fri 29-Aug-08 13:07:05

The city farms are great and free smile The Mudchute is great - perhaps some horse riding whilst you're there...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now