Talk

Advanced search

Thomas the Tank Land-West Midlands

(10 Posts)
minnymin Tue 19-Aug-08 23:43:32

HI all, hae got to share this fab day out with you. took my little boy (sorry new so don't know abbreviations-is it DS?)for his 3rd birthday to Drayton Manor park near Tamworth, west midlands.

It has a fantastic Thomas Tank land with rides of thomas and percy with annie and clarabel which goes to a 'farm' with the biggest and best wooden climb things ever, it is literally the length of a full size train with slides, full size wooden cars to sit in, sand pit, a great big at least 5' wide wooden glockenspiel, oooh lots; Tom played for 90 mins before i dragged him off to see the rest of the rides. They have harold helicopter, bertie bud etc all suitable for between about 90cm and 130cm (my little one is 3 and 106cm so he loved it)

it is so nice to see something aimed at this age group as usually the rides are too little for 'babies' or too big for him. they also have an indoor Thomas playbarn which is spotless and a choice of eateries from baked pots and chunky sandiwches to burgers. I was soooo impressed. we went for 6 hours and didnt even get into the drayton manor park bit. there are characters dressed up walking around, loved the fat controller. Oh go, if your looking to keep toddlers entertained then you'll love it.

Bit pricey at £23 per adult (kids under 4 free) but well wortn it if you take a picnic and go for the day open 10-6 i think but please check.

have fun

If anyone has other West mids ideas please share as always like to try new places

minnymin Tue 19-Aug-08 23:50:43

oooh just checked and tickets cheaper online in advance at £18...

ticket does whole park all day

blithedance Wed 20-Aug-08 00:03:36

Thanks! We are off to Thomas Land tomorrow (today maybe that should be). We have been once before and the DC's talk about it almost every day.

Bracing myself for the queues...

Bowddee Wed 20-Aug-08 00:16:48

Cheaper online?

Great, I can see me taking DS again. He LOVES it.

3Ddonut Wed 20-Aug-08 00:23:02

We went a few weeks ago, was GREAT!!! Kids absolutley loved, we barely even ventured into Drayton Manor itself!

theweddinglady Wed 20-Aug-08 00:25:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bowddee Wed 20-Aug-08 00:27:05

And the Safari Park.

Nbg Sun 31-Aug-08 16:52:17

We went on Thursday and the kids absolutely loved it.
The queues were horrendous though. An hour and a half to get onto the Troublesome trucks ride and only dd could go on it as ds1 was only at the 0.8 mark, not 0.9. He was gutted.

A tip for that ride too, sit your child on the outside if you want a photo.
My dd was really excited about getting her picture and there were 3 with us on and you couldn't see her in any because I was sat on the outside.

We got out tickets with Tesco clubcard vouchers, so if you collect these its well worth using them for this.

runnyhabbit Sun 31-Aug-08 16:56:19

Would absolutely recommend Thomasland too. We didn't make into Drayton Manor either.

We used our clubcard vouchers and went there on Friday. Agree the queues are horrendous, but we found that the later you left it, the shorter the queues were. Some rides we only went on at 4pm, and only queued for 20mins.

We will def be going again.

FimboGotAxed Fri 31-Oct-08 09:12:30

We were here on Wednesday. My ds had the most fantastic time. The queuing wasn't too bad. Troublesome Trucks was probably the worst queue but my ds didn't fancy it so we didn't bother.

He adored the playarea at the farm especially the wooden Spencer bit. If I went again I would use the cafe here rather than the main food areas in Drayton Manor.

We were there for over 6 hours and only went on a couple of rides at Drayton Manor (the train and carousel).

We too used Tesco Clubcard vouchers. We stayed at the Youth Hostel in the National Forest (about 20 minutes away). We paid for our accommodation but later found out you can used clubcard vouchers for YHA too.

I would go as far as too say that we all liked it better than Disneyland Paris and cheaper too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now