Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to the museum of science and industry in Manchester ?

(11 Posts)
lilyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:31:54

If not go now grin

We went today was fab dc's loved it and best of all it was totally FREE !!!!

jellybeans Tue 19-Aug-08 21:33:34

I have been, it is great. Did you peek out the top window and see Coronation street?

lilyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:35:52

yeah and also had fond memories of granada studios ? What happened to that i remember days out there as a kid ?

jellybeans Tue 19-Aug-08 21:37:39

ah yes, that was my fave place, was gutted when it shut!!! Think it went bust, sadly. Have lots of good memories there! House of commons show was brill and that space motion mover thing, I was always pg so had to sit on the front (non moving row) with the old dears!!

lilyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:40:38

Lo, yeah and the Sherlock Holmes one grin

jellybeans Tue 19-Aug-08 21:42:23

yeah Baker st was good. The weather map TV thing was good, they grabbed my dad to be TV 'weatherman' once in front of everyone in our tour. He was so red faced as is painfully shy grin

Lubyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:44:04

Do you think a nearly three year old would enjoy it? Thinking of going next week.

mankyscotslass Tue 19-Aug-08 21:47:50

We took my 5yr old ds and 4 yr old DD in April, they loved it!
We made a big day of it though, we got the train from Reddish then the tram, and walked. They loved the interactive bitand we were lucky, no need to queue!

lilyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:51:46

Luby yeah we took dd 3 and ds 6 and dd 6.5 mth.
They loved it it has a great interactive section that we struggled to get them out of.
Also the sewers and the 'poo' caused lot's of amusement grin
I only went at lunch and we left when it closed.
I stupidly thought a free place would only be good for couple hours wish we had gone for full day.
Also loads of picnic areas with seating inside so take a packed lunch !

Lubyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 21:59:34

Sounds great! Will definitely go next week then. I had wondered if DD was a little young to really enjoy it so great to hear from someone that's been.

lilyloo Tue 19-Aug-08 22:19:32

The interactive area is really good we were in there for couple of hours!
Reminded me of Eureka!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now