Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Waterworld near Stoke?

(7 Posts)
Whizzz Mon 18-Aug-08 14:47:32

Thinking of taking DS who's nearly 8. He is still a non swimmer (although trying hard) & could do with building a bit of confidence up. Will it be any good for him or mega packed at this time of year?

Any more fun type pools in the NW ??

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 18-Aug-08 14:56:11

It's not far from me Whizzz but I haven't been in years. So not much help really.

There's a much smaller, quieter fun pool (one slide, rapids) here, council run. Also the Waterpark at Alton Towers.

tiredemma Mon 18-Aug-08 14:57:49

I prefer Cariba Creek at Alton Towers.

paddingtonbear1 Mon 18-Aug-08 15:04:32

we've been to waterworld a couple of times. dd really enjoyed it, she is a non swimmer and there was plenty for her to do. It's quite pricey though, around 8 quid each I think, but you can get in cheaper the next time. Gets pretty crowded and the rapids aren't up to much,but this won't matter for your ds! does he like slides? There are quite a few of those!
never tried the one at Alton Towers, I didn't know there was one there! that might be another idea for us!

Whizzz Mon 18-Aug-08 15:22:11

oo fabby - didn't know about the Alton Towers one! Thanks

islandofsodor Mon 18-Aug-08 22:52:12

I've not been to Waterworld for ages. They have opened a toddler area apparently, we keep getting special offers at school (owner has a child at dd's school) but so far I've not been.

Dimensions on the other hand is smaller but wonderful. Both mine aged 4 and almost 7 love it there.

Denny185 Mon 18-Aug-08 22:55:16

Water world great fun but if you are worried re non swimming I would go to dimensions much smaller scale with shaller pool and cheaper. Showers are crap though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now