Talk

Advanced search

Your recommendations for somewhere to take the kids in London on Thursday please

(17 Posts)
Cadbury Sun 17-Aug-08 20:14:08

We live about an hour away from the centre of London by train and I want to take my 7 year old, 5 year old and 18 month old up to town to do something fun, that won't cost a huge amount.

We have done the Aquarium, Science museum and Natural History museum in the last few years or so. Ds has recently been to the London Transport museum and the dds and I have been to the V and A recently too.

You can see why I am running out of ideas!

Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

WideWebWitch Sun 17-Aug-08 20:18:23

Do they like Dr Who? The exhibition at Earls Court is good imo.

WideWebWitch Sun 17-Aug-08 20:18:56

here

WideWebWitch Sun 17-Aug-08 20:20:00

Tate Modern has street art exhib on
Somerset House

WideWebWitch Sun 17-Aug-08 20:21:10

Tate

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 20:21:20

London zoo? you can get 2 for 1 tickets if you get the train.

WideWebWitch Sun 17-Aug-08 20:22:37

Oh yes, depending on where you're going form check the advance tickets. I paid £25 for four of us to go to London and back, booked 3 days in advance, had to choose the train times etc but v cheap. We got a 7.30pm train back which was fine for us.

turquoise Sun 17-Aug-08 20:22:44

Wothcher Cadders! smile

The dresses collection at Kensington Palace, followed by a play at the Diana park (if the weather's good)?

Tower of London?

turquoise Sun 17-Aug-08 20:24:20

You can get 2 for 1 with train tickets for KP as well I think.

Blu Sun 17-Aug-08 20:27:24

Go down to Greenwich, selective galleries in the Maritime Museum - some fantastic stuff in there, and v good children's hands-on galery, then up the hill to the Observatory - the planetrium has a great astronomy gallery - again lots of hands-on for the older ones, and all free. The actual planetarium showing is more expensive, though, and I don't think they admit toddlers. Greenwhci park is lovely, and you could go by river, if you wanted.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 20:32:43

i live in greenwich and there is alot here for kids and the 7 and 5 year old would love the boat up the river!

Cadbury Sun 17-Aug-08 20:46:19

Oh wow, just got back from getting the kids down to so many suggestions. Thankyou. Will go back and read through them in more detail now.

<<waves and the lovely Turq>>

Blondilocks Sun 17-Aug-08 20:53:53

DD has been on a couple of river cruises which she loved.

The last one we did was a package with the london eye from lastminute.com

Cadbury Mon 18-Aug-08 08:23:34

River cruises look good. Will have one in a push chair, any idea if that will pose a problem?

nancy75 Mon 18-Aug-08 11:17:19

should be fine, like i said we live in greenwich and regularly get the boat with dd down to tower of london, have done it with and without prams!

Tas1 Tue 19-Aug-08 18:14:49

HMS Belfast
Get off at london bridge and its a 5min walk.
Kids under 16 are free.
£10 for adults.
2 for 1 tickets if you go by train.

jollydo Tue 19-Aug-08 22:51:03

We did a boat trip with a 1 year old in buggy on Sunday (Westminster cruises or similar name...) Getting on the boat was fine - ramp from the bank straight on. Once on the boat, there were about 8 steps up if you wanted to sit outside on the upper deck. Was worth it for the views - I expect someone would help with the buggy if needed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now