Talk

Advanced search

severn valley railway

(3 Posts)
bea Thu 14-Aug-08 20:00:51

planning to go chuffing up and down the train track tommorrow... planning to go from kidderminister upto bridgenorth... wander around the town... buy a lovely picnic... get back onto train... get off train for picnic and then end up back inkidderminister...

for those in the know does this sound sensible? can you recommend where to get a nice picnic (any yummy deli's etc?) and where should we stop to have our picnic... will have a 1, 4 and 7 year old in tow!

thanks all! grin

nannynick Tue 19-Aug-08 21:57:37

Sorry missed this, couldn't have told you where to get a picnic, but I could have mentioned that I liked eating my picnic by the river in Upper Arley (short walk from Arley station).

Is the line reconstruction work now complete, following last year's floods?

OracleInaCoracle Tue 19-Aug-08 22:05:42

there are loads of lovely places to buy food in bridgnorth, there are a couple of really good butchers where you can buy nice snacks, but if you want to be a bit norty there is a fab fish and chip shop just off the main high street. there is a lovely tearoom on castle street too. i love bridgnorth used to live and work there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now