Talk

Advanced search

Cadbury World..anyone been lately? Worth the money?

(13 Posts)
notsohappycherry Thu 14-Aug-08 15:25:59

Thinking of taking a trip there, but its a good 2 and half hour journey. Just wondering of its worth it, my 3 all choccy mad, ages 7, 9, 12.

cheerycherry Thu 14-Aug-08 16:03:19

Quick name change as other one too gloomy.
Anyone?

notnuftime Thu 14-Aug-08 16:27:27

Hi cheerycherry nice name....lol.
We went to cadbury World our kids are 7 and 8 years old and they loved it, we went early and stayed there all day. We brought a picnic for something to eat but there is a cafe there if you want to buy lunch.
When you arrive you get a small bag of choclate free!!! Also you get a pot of chocolate and get to make yor own filling/topping my son didnt want his there and then so the staff gave him a lid so he could take it away with him.(also free)
You will love it!!!kids still talk about it now it was a long drive but worth it!!Enjoy!

cheerycherry Thu 14-Aug-08 16:29:57

OH thats good news, was hoping for nice reviews! now going off to wonder if tesco do clubcard vouchers for it...

bea Thu 14-Aug-08 19:58:19

yes! it's good fun... is expensive but how often do you get to wander around a huge chocolate factory... lots of things to see and taste!!!... they also have this great interative room at the very end where you can do some very cool things with computers etc... we live down the road from cadburys... so i don;t appreciate it as much as i should do!!!
I will warn you though it does get busy but then again that's summer holidays for you!

mumblecrumble Thu 14-Aug-08 20:34:24

We loved it! We went before dd was even conceived....just DH and I but we really enjoyed it.

Food in cafe was expensive but they have picnic area that's worth condidering. Loooooads of chocolate and it is quite fun packed I thought...

We stayed with relatives nearish by and went to Gardeners' world live the next day at the NEC

My DH called it the 'Best of both worlds' trip....

J2O Thu 14-Aug-08 20:49:17

we're going on sunday, not been before

this any good to you?

tillytips Fri 15-Aug-08 13:27:52

Hi we went at the end of August last year and it was awful.
We drove three hours to get there, the factory was not working at all there was no chocolate making in progress and my daughter who is a chocoholic and was so excited, cried because she was so upset.
it was expensive to get in so we complained in writing and did get £20.00 worth of vouchers in compensation, but i would never go again or please check that they will be making something before you go.
We went on a weekday so it's not like it was a weekend and everything was closed up.
Sorry but thought you should hear the other side as well

J2O Fri 15-Aug-08 20:18:11

damn, i'd better ring about sunday then!

cheerycherry Sat 16-Aug-08 11:30:58

J20 that link is really good, thankyou. Still pondering cadbury world, let us know what you thought of your trip...hope u enjoy!

onlyjoking9329 Sat 16-Aug-08 11:34:55

my kids enjoyed it they went last year and we paid for it with clubcard vouchers too.

J2O Mon 18-Aug-08 22:28:15

cheerycherry-it was pretty good, and you only need to print one of them vouchers out for up to 6 people, i printed 4 out so gave some away in the queue. it was busy, but not too bad to be honest as they do it in segments of people, be aware that if you have a pram you have to leave it for about 30 mins while you go upstairs and you'll have to carry los, erm...make sure you book your slot before you go too, if you're trying to do it cheapily, take drinks with you, as the drinks machines are quite expensive, oh and the factory shop isn't that cheap, but there are quite cool chocolate treats for gifts. I hope you have a nice time

J2O Mon 18-Aug-08 22:29:12

oh, i thought you where already going, yeah, its definately worth going at least the once

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now