Talk

Advanced search

Monkey world

(15 Posts)
kidsx4 Wed 13-Aug-08 16:35:58

Has anyone been? Is it good my dd really wants to go.

igivein Wed 13-Aug-08 16:44:56

It's a zoo where all the animals are monkeys. I went last year in September (kids back at school)and it was throbbing! Really busy. Quite difficult to get to see into some of the enclosures. But other than that it was good.

lazaroulovespastries Wed 13-Aug-08 16:48:57

Yes, it's good. Went there a couple of years back.

kidsx4 Wed 13-Aug-08 16:54:32

Planning on going next saturday for her birthday.

BeHereNow Wed 13-Aug-08 17:05:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I thought it was great. Though never mind the monkeys - its got the best adventure playground in the world. It didn't seem to busy and it was summer holidays (weekday though).

janeite Wed 13-Aug-08 18:04:03

Yes it's nice - but take a picnic or go to the shopping place outside for lunch; the cafe is foul.

eandh Wed 13-Aug-08 18:06:45

went about 3 years ago and was good although dd1 seem to sleep most of the way round (and then was sick the minute we got in the car!)

Def take your own food though

CountessDracula Wed 13-Aug-08 18:07:52

I thought it was appalling

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 13-Aug-08 18:08:37

Avoid like the plague, overpriced horrible, live just down the road and if DD wants to go someone else is going to take her.

IorekByrnison Wed 13-Aug-08 18:59:50

It's great. Lots of the monkeys have been rescued from laboratories/illegal pet trade etc and they seem quite happy. Like the others have said though, take a picnic and go early - it gets really busy.

Jodee Thu 14-Aug-08 10:50:26

didn't enjoy it - took DS (then 7) because we had dropped Mum off at the place for naughty car drivers just down the road (iykwim), and had to collect her later. Thought he would enjoy the adventure playground but he found it really difficult to climb onto the rope ladders. I could't help him as I was on my own and carrying bags, he ended up in tears as he got so frustrated that he couldn't do it.

RubberDuck Thu 14-Aug-08 10:58:45

I have to say, I hated it.

Absolutely packed, very expensive. And seemed at the time that there was only about four different types of monkeys (lots of repeat exhibits) and most of them were hiding.

MadameCastafiore Thu 14-Aug-08 10:59:33

Pointless place to go really - go to Farmer Palmers instead much more fun!

RubyRioja Thu 14-Aug-08 10:59:56

We thought it was fab and as the adventure play areas were suitable for adult sizes (of all weights) if anyone had larger children with learning difficulties (hope that is correct term) who find regular play areas a bit limiting, they would have fab time too.

We pretended to be giant monkeys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now