Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 Days in London with an 8 Y.O. boy ................... What would you do?

(9 Posts)
clumsymum Mon 11-Aug-08 14:29:05

We're coming next Sunday, until tuesday evening.

I'm planning to go on London Eye and River Cruise on Monday morning, tickets already bought.

Science museum one of the days, how long do we need there? I want to go to Covent Garden, I always used to love it, I'm assuming that will all be buzzing on Sunday?

We're staying at the travel lodge in Southwark, So what is nearby?

clumsymum Mon 11-Aug-08 14:30:16

oh, and where can we get good food (not nuggets and fish fingers type) where ds will be welcome?

hifi Mon 11-Aug-08 14:55:05

you MUST go to the transport museum, expected both dd and i to hate it, its fab, great cafe aswell.
we go here zizzi
there is also a wagamama around the back of the piazza , noodles etc, the kids menu in zizzi is about 5.95 for bread sticks,pizza or pasta and a pudding. you will pay the same in waggas for just a main course.

hifi Mon 11-Aug-08 15:01:36

my friend took her 2 last week and said you could book a slot in a lab, cant find it though, heres the link see if you can. www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visitmuseum/gettinghere.aspx
if you get on a 9 or 10 bus further down from museum it will take you to piccadilly circus, walk thru leicester sq and up long acre, 15mins, more with a dawdle, and you will come to cov gdn.

you could also walk 5mins and you will arrive at natural history museum.

Seeline Mon 11-Aug-08 15:01:58

You can spend as long as you like in the Science Museum - it really depends what interests DS. It's next door to the Natural History Museum which if he likes dinosaurs is also worth a visit. Has he been to London before? If not how about an open top bus ride to see all the sights - Big Ben, houses of parliament, Tower of London etc?

hifi Mon 11-Aug-08 15:04:51

you are staying on the south bank i think, loads to do, aquarium,borough market, loads of restaurants, pizza express, giraffe here have fun!

clumsymum Mon 11-Aug-08 16:36:28

cheers all.

Any more?

Anushka Mon 11-Aug-08 19:13:06

Spitalfield's market was buzzing on the Sunday we went and had very unusual places to eat!

Tate Modern was ok - had kid's activities to keep kids entertained.

Kensington Garden's kept us entertained for whole afternoon - Diana Play area was excellent with a huge pirate ship and sand/water.

Anushka Mon 11-Aug-08 19:13:08

Spitalfield's market was buzzing on the Sunday we went and had very unusual places to eat!

Tate Modern was ok - had kid's activities to keep kids entertained.

Kensington Garden's kept us entertained for whole afternoon - Diana Play area was excellent with a huge pirate ship and sand/water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now