Talk

Advanced search

Lion King for a 3.5 year old, good idea???

(7 Posts)
Getthekettleon Sun 10-Aug-08 19:45:40

I'm thinking of taking my 3.5 year old to see the Loin King next month. Has anyone taken their child so young? She does sit through whole films and loves muscial's? Also I'd like to take my 4 month old too. She is breast-fed so I'm sure she will sleep but worried that the theater might frown on her coming into the show?
Any advise?

Collision Sun 10-Aug-08 19:50:41

TBH dont do it!

Lots of friends have been and said that it is not a cute show! It is quite scary and the minimum age they would take them is about 7.

Not sure baby will be allowed.

Mary Poppins might be more suitable but again not sure about the baby.

LIZS Sun 10-Aug-08 20:00:29

In London ? Can you even get tickets ? tbh I think that age is still too little for a full blown musical and the ticket is rather a waste plus suspect baby would be less than welcome. Mary Poppins is lovely but a bit creepy and wasn't recommended for under 7's,although dd was just 6 and loved it and there were plenty younger there. However unless it is a tailored performance these shwos aren't really aimed at preschoolers.

littlemissbossy Sun 10-Aug-08 20:09:22

Way too young at 3.5 IMO - I took the DS's youngest DS aged 6 and he struggled even though LK was a favourite of his - the musical version is very long. It's not scary just different to the film.

Roboshua Sun 10-Aug-08 20:11:57

I took my 3.5 year old to see Joseph and The Technicolour Dreamcoat and there were no problems.

Getthekettleon Sun 10-Aug-08 21:03:51

Hmmm. I'm thinking we won't go just yet! Thanks for the comments!

islandofsodor Mon 11-Aug-08 23:22:22

I took dd to see it, she is 6. She loved it though was a little teary in one place. She was the youngest I would contemplate for that show.

Nearby was a family with two 3/4 year olds. Towards the end of the first half they began sobbing hysterically as the stampede began and they had to be taken out. They didn't return for the second half.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now