Talk

Advanced search

Going to LEGOLAND tomorrow ...... any tips?

(19 Posts)
mosschops30 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:07:09

Im more of an Alton Towers girl myself, but am using my saisburys vouchers to take the dc's tomorrow to legoland.

Whats it like?

Any good ride recommendations, we are 2 adults (one pg), a 12 year old and two 3 year olds

Twinkie01 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:08:42

Take a picnic - you can buy a gourmet spread from M&S and pack it up for less moeny than they charge for their shite food there!

Take towels in case the kids want to go on the watery things and fresh clothes in case theirs get wet and it is too cold for them to wear them whilst they dry.

QOD Tue 05-Aug-08 14:12:12

pick up wrist band when you go in that you can put your phone no on.
Maybe go right to bottom of park & work up, sometimes works better.
Be ready to queue.....

HAVE FUN!

LIZS Tue 05-Aug-08 14:23:23

Defintiely do the water rides - Pirate Falls and ds has done the Viking one. Be prepared to split up as things like the cars are differentiated by age and there are always queues and some rides have height restrictions. The younger ones will enjoy the puppet show at Duploland if you want a break.

wannaBe Tue 05-Aug-08 14:25:58

don't do it.

We went on a day that wasn't even school holidays and it was absolutely packed - we only made it on to 5 rides.

Be prepared to queue for hours and hours and hours and to only get on 2-3 rides.

mosschops30 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:26:57

Oh yes we are taking a picnic definately, a burger king at Alton Towers last week cost £17 shock

Will deffo do the wristband thing

Maybe dd will do some of the big rides on her own

cornsilk Tue 05-Aug-08 14:27:49

Take towels and cossies for the water area. My ds's spend ages in there. We usually go out of usual school holiday time. The rat run is good if it's too busy to get on the rides.

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 05-Aug-08 14:34:32

we went yesterday IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take picnic
take swimmies or change of clothes for the kids to play in the water play park (jets of water coming from floor) buys to time to sit down for a bit
Have your picnic near the Rat trap play area great grassy bit with lots of fun for the kids
get a Qbot if you want to go on the bigger rides - we had choices to make as the queues were 1.5 hours long for some of the rides. (without Qbot)
Your 3 year olds will probably love the Johny Thunder Show in Lego City - get there early to get a seat - good coffee shop near by for refreshments.

Oh and if you don't already have tickets (but have vouchers for tickets) have a look for a member of staff whilst you are queueing for tickets they were wandering round with pre-printed tickets so you didn't have to wait.

OH And when driving into Windsor the traffic jam is all the people going to Lego land. we got there at 9.30 am and the traffic was mad and the car park was half full.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

wannaBe Tue 05-Aug-08 14:36:34

qbot is a good idea but it does cost an extra £10 per person.

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 05-Aug-08 14:45:41

yup just seen that on the site..
I think we would have paid for 2 people on the qbot as I would have had to wait with DS2 (or DH) so it would be £20 total - not insignificant but we would have been able to go on more rides there were 4 things we didn't go on as we couldn't have waited 1.5 hours.

Lapsedrunner Tue 05-Aug-08 14:47:19

If you are approaching from the North DO NOT use the Windsor exit (Junction 6) from the M4. Leave the M4 at Junction 8/9 (Maidenhead) take the A308 and then cut through to the B3022.

mosschops30 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:50:50

im following my satnav which is gonna take me to junc 6.
Will she re-route if I come off at 8?

melpomene Tue 05-Aug-08 14:57:04

We were there on Monday of last week and some of the rides had 2-hour queues in the afternoon! Don't bother queueing for the Hill Train when you first arrive, because it'll just waste valuable time when you could be queueing for rides. If you go up to the back of the park when you arrive then the 12 year old can do the Dragon rollercoaster while the 3 year olds Dragon's Apprentice rollercoaster. If you want to avoid the biggest queues your 3 year olds will probably enjoy the section with the carousel, chairoplane and Ferris Wheel, as well as the water play area.

Don't miss Miniland, where they have Lego replicas of famous landmarks from all over the world.

mosschops30 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:00:34

Do really need to take a change of clothes and swimwear for the dc's?
I never do at Alton Towers, we just get wet on the rides and then walk it off.
I dont wanna be lugging a huge bag of stuff round all day

Lapsedrunner Tue 05-Aug-08 15:02:58

...a map perhaps...?

mosschops30 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:04:37

a what lapsedrunner?? did they have those in the 80's grin

herbietea Tue 05-Aug-08 15:05:11

Message withdrawn

mosschops30 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:15:07

thanks herbie. I expect to queue, and the dc's were fine queueing at AT.
We stayed for the whole 9 hours, i think ive youve paid for it you might as well get the most out of it grin

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 05-Aug-08 15:23:43

grin we got there at 9.30 before it opened (I was excited smile)
we left when the park was closed and the rides were not letting anyone else on
I am envy want to go back asap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now