Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Digger land Devon. Is it really worth £15 per person?

(10 Posts)
tortoise Sat 02-Aug-08 22:04:24

DD2 loves diggers but at £15 per person it is going to cost me a bomb! (1 Adult and 4 DC)
So is it a really fantastic day out which is worth the price?

Dragonbutter Sat 02-Aug-08 23:34:41

my sister went with her kids and said it was a rip off. i think once you're in, there are rides that cost more money.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sat 02-Aug-08 23:38:48

not worth the money tbh - alot of the rides were quite grown up and not so suitable for little ones - the place was a bit grubby and unorganised and they didn't seem bothered with age/height restrictions etc. BUT... my dd's still talk fondly of our trip to diggerland last summer! Is it really that much per person? they sometimes have offers on-line I think? Are you going on holiday to Devon? we stayed in Brixham last summer and there was so much to do - Paignton Zoo was lovely. This year we're going to Coombe Martin North Devon and again it looks like lots to do for little ones.

edam Sat 02-Aug-08 23:44:31

ds LOVED it but Dragon's sister is right, the admission price doesn't cover everything. We were there a few years ago but I think the entrance fee covered ten tokens or something that get eaten up pretty quickly. Luckily all the other visitors were jolly nice - everyone leaving because of the dreadful weather was handing over their unused tokens to us hardier types who were only going past once and were going to jolly well enjoy it come hell or high water. grin

Have a look around the net for discount codes or offers... and hope that it pours down that day so you don't have to cope with long queues!

tortoise Sun 03-Aug-08 18:18:40

Sounds like it might be best to give it a miss then! It is a little cheaper to order tickets online but i don't have a bank card.

Hangingbellyofbabylon No not going on hols. I live in Somerset and it would be easy to get to by train then bus. I was just looking for places i can take the DC to make up for not having a holiday.
Hope to go to Crealy next week or the week after.

Dragonbutter Sun 03-Aug-08 21:21:19

What about Dawlish Carnival Airshow?
It's on the week after next.
The airshow is great although the town gets a bit packed.
We actually found that the view was best from the official car park in a field up on a hill overlooking the beach.
We might be there with a picnic.

southeastastra Sun 03-Aug-08 21:22:20

fifteen quid is quite cheap go to diggerland

tortoise Sun 03-Aug-08 21:22:49

I took them to Yeovilton air day which i would assume was similar. But thanks for the suggestion.

tortoise Sun 03-Aug-08 21:23:58

southeastastra What do you mean? How is £15 per person over 3, cheap?

Rosieglow Sun 03-Aug-08 21:43:16

We went to diggerland in Kent a few years back before they changed the ticketing - then it was £2 to get in and then you paid £10 for a strip of tokens to go on the rides. Ds was only about 3 and quite happy to just watch most things and have a few rides. So it worked out quite cheap.

But I definitely wouldn't go back having to pay £15 per head - even if all the rides were free. I don't think it's worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now