(9 Posts)
lunamoon2 Fri 01-Aug-08 23:26:15

Hi

Has anyone been to the York maze?
Thinking of going in the summer hols.
Is it worth it and what is it like?
All replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Hobnob76 Sat 02-Aug-08 21:34:02

Haven't been to the York Maze but I went to the maze at Poplars Farm at Ferrensby nr Knaresborough and that was great. I can throughly recommend!

accessorizequeen Sat 02-Aug-08 21:39:17

Went last weekend with ds1 & his mate (both 4.7) plus ds2 (19 mo). Fab fab fab. Tis on the pricey side and tbh I wish we had gone NOT on the hottest day so far this summer as I'm pg with dt's and even the older boys were struggling a bit. But so much to do, enormous sandpit with great stuff in it, tractor rides through the Maze itself being squirted with water, water-fight game which everyone was enjoying, go-karts, bouncy mountain & of course the maze which we didn't even get to! Well set up with picnic tables under full shade (they had a bbq & limited other food like jackets) & lots of toilets but no shade anywhere else which was a bit hard.

I would definitely go again next year, felt bad we ran out of puff and didn't do it all.

lunamoon2 Sat 02-Aug-08 21:51:34

Thanks for your replies.
I think we will definately give it a go. I was worried about the weather being too bad but by the sounds of it it won't matter if it isn't hot!
We will also allow plenty of time, as thought we might only need a few hours!
many thanks

accessorizequeen Sat 02-Aug-08 22:12:00

Definitely a day out, we spent 4 or so hours there & could have easily done 2 more but for the heat.

PortBlacksandResident Sat 02-Aug-08 22:19:13

oooh - can i have a link please? Me and DSs up in County Durham for a few days next week looking for stuff to do.

lunamoon2 Tue 05-Aug-08 23:24:42

Hi

Not sure how to post a link (bit of a tecnophobe!!) but if you google "York Maze" you will get the details. It says it is £28 for a family of 4.

Hope this helps

lunamoon2 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:23:22

Hi everyone,

Been today and had a great time
Would recommend allowing plenty of time, wearing comfortable shoes and taking a bottle of water! also buy the map- I don't think you could do it without the help of the map.
There is an ice cream stop half way round the maze, and from this point you can use the quick/cheat exit, but we chose to carry on and completed the whole maze. It did take a couple of hours though!!
Lots of other things to do as well- a great day out but don't do the maze if you are clostrophobic as even though it is outdoors you cannot see over the top of the maze and it did feel quite difficult in places!!

accessorizequeen Thu 07-Aug-08 21:12:45

Glad you enjoyed yourself luna - I feel a bit rubbish we didn't even enter the maze but it was soooo hot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now