Talk

Advanced search

DH has just come back from a day out with the DDs at the National Gallery in London and recommends it.

(5 Posts)
Issy Fri 01-Aug-08 18:05:07

DH took DD1 (7.5) and DD2 (nearly 6) to the National Gallery in London today. It wouldn't have been my first thought for children this age, but DH reports that the DDs had a really good day there. According to DH the Gallery wasn't over-busy and there were only a dozen or so children there, despite some very well executed children's activities (story-telling, craft work etc.). The National Gallery has a picnic area and entrance is free.

QueenMeabhOfConnaught Fri 01-Aug-08 18:12:27

Thanks, Issy - I was thinking of taking my dcs but was worried it would really busy!

Earlybird Fri 01-Aug-08 18:15:10

Thanks for the tip. Don't know why I thought most children's activities at museums were available only at the weekend, or at half term. Or was this a special summer holiday program?

NigellaTheOriginal Fri 01-Aug-08 18:16:16

love the national gallery. drag take the DDs in there everytime we go to london. have to always visit the horse, the tiger, the lillies and a few oter faves. they also like it really and have a splendid collection of arty fridge magnets.

Issy Fri 01-Aug-08 18:24:22

I think the 'look and talk about a painting and then make a music box' and the story-telling session were summer holiday activities.

Alot of the museums in Surrey seem to have summer activities too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now