Talk

Advanced search

Any Central Londoners around - I need advice on finding a restaurant near the threatre district/shaftesbury av.

(18 Posts)

It needs to serve v. boring steak type meals as well as anything else (ie not an indian restaurant!) - we're taking my dad to see Jersey Boys but need to feed him first. Any recommendations gratefully received! smile

Kbear Thu 24-Jul-08 21:33:14

There is an Aberdeen Steak House on shaftesbury Avenue I'm sure.

That sounds suitably boring! Actually the rest of us will eat most things, do they do a range of dishes, I don't like steak much...too meaty grin

quint Thu 24-Jul-08 21:35:18

I've always enjoyed Cafe Emm - cheap but tasty food and good atmosphere I think its on Frith street. Can't imagine anywhere worse than an aberdeen steak house or similar.

Kbear Thu 24-Jul-08 21:38:08

They always look dark and uninviting don't they!! Most restaurants do steaks though so you should find something.

Just looked up the Steak house and the reviews were terrible sad

fishie Thu 24-Jul-08 21:38:33

what is budget? if lots then rules

or if more basic then something like this they abound.

quint Thu 24-Jul-08 21:41:09

here's the website www.cafeemm.com/

fishie Thu 24-Jul-08 21:41:52

a really nice italian restaurant would solve it dances, but i can't think of one round there, the old ones have all gone. carluccio in covent garden?

fishie Thu 24-Jul-08 21:42:24

we had a work xmas do at emm. cheap but not that good.

Snaf Thu 24-Jul-08 21:42:36

Don't go to an Aberdeen Steak House, fgs! Quite apart from anything else you will pay through the nose (plus food, ambience, service etc will all be terrible). They are for bemused Japanese tourists only.

Ummm, let me have a think...

GBK is FAB we have eaten there before! Will check with my Dad. Rules looks great but too £££.

tangarine Thu 24-Jul-08 21:43:10

Mon Plaisir on Monmouth Street is nice.

Be assured we'll avoid the steak house option!

Mon Plaisir looks good too, thanks! A few idea to run by him smile

margoandjerry Thu 24-Jul-08 21:46:25

I believe Cafe Boheme on Old Compton St has just reopened as a classic French bistro so steak frites definitely on the menu.

look here

RubySlippers Thu 24-Jul-08 21:46:27

I implore you not to go to the Steakhouse

if you fancy a 10 minute (ish) walk then go for the

gaucho grill on Piccadilly

near to Shaftesbury Avenue and AMAZINGLY good

you will need to book

Snaf Thu 24-Jul-08 21:50:35

Cafe Boheme
The Diner on Ganton St
Gaucho Grill is vv good for steaks
Gourmet Burger Kitchen always worth a pop, imo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now