Talk

Advanced search

Flambards

(13 Posts)
serin Thu 24-Jul-08 18:00:40

Is it any good?

Also is the RAF Culdrose open day likely to keep the interest of lively 6 and 7 year old boys?

Thanks for any opinion.

serin Thu 24-Jul-08 23:52:59

hmm I'll take it as a no then.

ChasingSquirrels Thu 24-Jul-08 23:59:40

we took the ds's last year (on tesco vouchers), they were 4.5 and 17mo.
Both loved it, and I would imagine would enjoy it at 6/7.
Had to drag 4.5yo away at the end of the day.
No idea on Culdrose.
Goonhilly was interesting aswell (also Tesco).

Ellbell Fri 25-Jul-08 00:03:16

Well... I have to admit to never having been to Culdrose myself, but I have driven past it gazillions of times and I am willing to bet that your 6 and 7 year olds would find lots to look at and to do.

My parents have taken my dds to Flambards twice (as I am a theme park refusenik) and they (all) loved it. Lots and lots to do there.

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Fri 25-Jul-08 00:26:27

The only Flambards I know is the book & 1970s TV Drama... <shows age and displays complete lack of knowledge of theme parks>

threetinytots Fri 25-Jul-08 22:04:41

Flambards and Culdrose air day are great for 6 and 7yo. Loads to keep them occupied. We take our 4 and 3yo to flambards about 2-3 times a week and they love it, but they are also too small for a lot of the bigger rides there.

Air day is a great day out, loads of displays, helicopters to sit in, etc. I think there is a website with the itinery for Air day, let me have a search, otherwise I have it in the paper.

scorpio1 Fri 25-Jul-08 22:06:03

it is quite expensive, get The Cornishman newspaper and get some vouchers out of it.

Food on site is mostly chips etc, we always take lunch. But they will love it.

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Fri 25-Jul-08 22:06:42

there's a theme park?!?! shock

<<gets into fogey's box with the Duchess>>

threetinytots Fri 25-Jul-08 22:10:29

have a look here The menu on the ide will also take you to other things that are happening on the day in the arena, the air and general events. HTH

ooh, btw, traffic gets v bad so get there early if you don't want to sit in a big queue.

threetinytots Fri 25-Jul-08 22:12:02

Oh yes, picnic is a must at Flambards, food is crap.

Psychomum5 Fri 25-Jul-08 22:12:44

ooh....we go there each time we go to cornwall.

as a family we have now been 4 times, and each time the children enjoy it more as they remember bits from the last time we went, and they get to see more as they are able to go on more each time.

we last went about 2yrs ago (they were nearly 3, 6, 7, 10 & 12), and even DS2 (nearly 3) was able to go on one of the little rollercosters.......all loved it.

the elder 2 girls even went on it on their own......felt most grown-upwink!

it is a little park tho, not thorpe park standards in any way, but big enough to enjoy and not feel 'done in' by the end of it.

threetinytots Fri 25-Jul-08 22:14:34

that was 2-3 a year not a week blush I couldn't cope with that amount of Flambards!

serin Mon 11-Aug-08 00:02:41

Thanks for your replies, got back off holiday yesterday and did both,

Flambards was fine, took a picnic so didn't have to eat their food.

RAF was hilarious, absolutely throwing it down all day, got soaked. Boys enjoyed it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now