Talk

Advanced search

Is my 14month old Daughter too young to take to Lego land?

(11 Posts)
yummymummyat23 Wed 23-Jul-08 14:32:35

I want to take her but my neighbour said she is too young? What do you think? Will she enjoy herself?

grin

cthea Wed 23-Jul-08 14:34:44

Too young for all the hassle. Bekonscot model village is smaller & cheaper. A v nice day out.

HumphreySmallPillow Wed 23-Jul-08 14:35:18

Depends if you can get discounted tickets.
It's expensive, and she will be too small for a lot of the rides.
It's also heaving at this time of year.

FluffyMummy123 Wed 23-Jul-08 14:36:38

Message withdrawn

figroll Thu 24-Jul-08 13:00:50

She probably will be, but having children is a great excuse for going to places like this.

wannaBe Thu 24-Jul-08 13:02:43

far too young imo.

wait another two years.

LIZS Thu 24-Jul-08 13:03:09

she won't get much out of it , but wouldn't be charged. There is stuff for toddlers (Duploworld with water fountains, fairy tale ride and puppet shows) btu no more so than you could find elsewhere.

nannynick Sun 27-Jul-08 17:03:39

I take a 7 month old, he likes: Duplo Train, Fairy Tale Brook and Explorers Train. He can't go on anything else, but he loves to people watch.

Last month I took an 11 month old, who also adores the Duplo Train and Fairy Tale Brook. She also liked watching the trains/boats/cars in MiniLand.

I would not take a child of this age to Legoland on their own - but with older siblings it is worth while (note: additional adult needed, as many rides do not permit a baby and many rides will need an adult to accompany a younger child). I meet up with several childminders, and all the children love going to Legoland - we do a few rides, play in the playground, watch Jonny Thunder show, build cars and towers.

geekgirl Sun 27-Jul-08 17:06:35

oh, she'd probably have a fun day

we took dd1 (PFB naturally grin) to Disneyworld when she was 14 m. old - she had a fab time (did cry when approached by Tigger thoughhmm)

kittenloren Thu 31-Jul-08 20:27:37

We took 6yo DD and 18mo DS on Friday - he was particularly taken with the Balloon ride. grin

If DD hadn't been desperate to go though, we wouldn't have taken DS alone - even though he goes free it is a seriously expensive day out - I hunted out deals to get us all in as cheaply as poss., but it was still £105 for four adults, two kids & DS - plus parking, food & drink, souvenirs, etc.

Maybe wait until school hols are over if you can - it was pretty packed when we went and lots of littleys going into melt-down with the heat & sheer excitement.

HTH! grin

chloemegjess Sat 02-Aug-08 21:34:57

Why too young? I took my DD about a month ago (now 7 months) she loved it. We went on rides like the boating school, balloon school, fairytale bookride, train, model village and watched the show they do. BUT we have annual passes to all the merlin attraction so didnt pay a penny - Under 3s are free anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now