Talk

Advanced search

Please remind me how crowded Legoland is at half term/bank hols!

(12 Posts)
roisin Sun 06-Feb-05 19:47:35

The boys have just discovered that they get in free at Legoland with their Blue Peter badges, and are trying to talk us into taking them at Whit half term.

(We have been before, but three years ago.)

JanH Sun 06-Feb-05 21:18:15

Oooh, roisin, respect! What did they get them for?

cupcakes Sun 06-Feb-05 21:20:41

No - don't do it! It will be sooo packed. Can you travel down on a Saturday or Sunday? Surely that would be better than half term? We are now tied to school terms and are so unsure when to go this year.
Well done on the badges!

roisin Sun 06-Feb-05 21:25:56

Cupcakes: It's too far for us to go for a weekend ... the journey would be exhausting, and it's not worth going so far "just" for Legoland iyswim. But I do hate crowds, so I'm not at all sure about it!

lowcalCOD Sun 06-Feb-05 21:26:33

cant you go on a training day?
thats what we do
JUlt 11 this year

roisin Sun 06-Feb-05 21:30:18

Janh - both did something very individual, and pretty much completely bonkers. Also obviously done by a child with no adult help!

Ds2 (5) composed a piece of music for them (I am trying to teach him piano, but he's only interested in the theory, and writing the notes)!

DS1 got his a while back, I'm not entirely sure what he sent tbh
I just had this vague memory of him giving me something and saying "Can you send this to BP?" and I shoved it in an envelope without looking at it too closely. Then lo-and-behold a letter comes back with a badge! He thinks it was some suggestions/designs for new Blue Peter badges.

lowcalCOD Sun 06-Feb-05 21:30:45

td day?

roisin Sun 06-Feb-05 21:39:45

It's too far Coddy.

You have to understand we've lived here 2.5yrs now and have got into the provincial mindset. We need a passport and a special letter of permission to go as far as Lancaster, let alone Preston

Seriously though, if we do 'venture South' we'd want to do more than just Legoland. So it's half term or nothing. Will it be really horrid?

lowcalCOD Mon 07-Feb-05 08:10:55

aha in lancs
I ahev family in bolton le sands! granny used to lve in warton

lowcalCOD Mon 07-Feb-05 08:14:56

in may?
god I htink oyu haev to grit your teeth and bear it
in the grand scale of things it only one or two days isnt it
just take it slow and enjoy!
wehere else are you going to?

collision Mon 07-Feb-05 08:17:21

Where do you live Roisin? I am in Preston for a week this week.

TBH Legoland will be fine. I have done it lots of times. The trick is to go early and walk through the whole place and do it backwards if you see what I mean. Everyone starts at the beginning and it gets jammed. If you walk to the back it is quiet and brilliant. The ride that gets very busy is the one with the cars that you can sit in and race so it might be an idea to go there first.

roisin Mon 07-Feb-05 08:38:20

Thanks all!

We're in SW Cumbria - Barrow-in-Furness, but we used to live nr Oxford, so will go and visit friends there and refresh the boys' memories, and revisit the fab Oxford museums.
Dh is also going walking for a day with Ray Mears ... I booked it for him 15 months ago!

The boys are desperate to go to London again, but I don't think we'll make it that week.

We're trying to work out if we can come back via the Space Centre in Leicester.
Definitely one of those crazy packed half terms

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: