Talk

Advanced search

NOT a recommendation at all, where shall I put this review re so-called family friendly event?

(4 Posts)
Flllight Fri 18-Jul-08 21:28:53

We were bought a ticket for the local music festival last weekend, and it was the worst day I have had to bear in ages...maybe since giving birth, or maybe not quite that bad hmm

I wanted to write a review but can't find where to put it.

It's the Lounge on the Farm festival in Canterbury. It was truly dire and I was angry and upset as well as knackered afterwards - I want to tell everyone not to take kids there, unless they have the kind of kids who enjoy loud, thumping music, exotic and very pricey and spicy food, officials telling you that you can't take in a bottle of squash for your children, can't walk this way, can't go there, this bit is out of bounds, etc etc. plus just NOwhere quiet AT ALL to go with tired children and just sit down!!

My boys were crying and so was I. What a load of crap. I was thankful we hadn't paid, couldn't wait to get home and we'd have gone within half an hour of arriving if we hadn't unfortunately met the lovely people who bought our ticket, and felt compelled to try and pretend we were having fun for the next 4 hours. sad

To top it all off, Ds1 had a bad reaction to the face paint someone used on him and his face swelled up for 3 days.

Don't go, they should face a boycott from parents - there was nothing for children except aforementioned facepainting, a few jugglers for teaching the older ones, and an old bus to go in (about 10 minutes worth of fun). That was it. The rest was just millions of teenagers and lots of shouty, sweary music everywhere, and the usual array of drunk old hippies who should be at home reading the telegraph, but arent. hmm

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 18-Jul-08 21:39:35

gosh, sounds grim

Welocme back though

Flllight Sat 19-Jul-08 00:31:46

Thanks Baldy grin
I have missed you!

Flllight Sat 19-Jul-08 00:32:56

Sorry always stopped myself typing that acronym in case it offended, but I am tired!!
I never know what to shorten you to! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now