Talk

Advanced search

Advice please...have managed to get a table at the Ivy for pils 49th wedding anniversary and wondered...

(3 Posts)
scaryteacher Fri 18-Jul-08 17:07:52

...as it's at a luchtime, how smart one has to be? We are over on holiday from Brussels, and the dress code over here is somewhat more relaxed than in the UK I think.

We are taking ds (12) with us as well, who doesn't possess any formal wear at all.

ancientmiddleagedmum Fri 18-Jul-08 17:33:16

It is not that formal scary as it is more "media" and "trendy" than stuffy Brit. On weekday lunchtimes there will be lots of people in suits just because they've come from work, but there will also be men in just shirt/trousers or trouser suits/reasonably smart casual stuff for women. I have worn a black trouser suit every time I've been there, usually because straight from work though. It is one of the less stuffy restaurants I would say, but just no jeans/trainers.

scaryteacher Fri 18-Jul-08 19:00:47

Thanks for that....it's ds I'm worried about as he has a nice shirt, but no formal trousers, and only geox for footwear. I foresee a painful session in M&S trying to squeeze him imto trousers, ot having to drag him to H&M in Brussels before we come back. His school doesn't do uniform, so he doesn't need formal gear yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now