Talk

Advanced search

We'd like to go to Legoland, money off tickets? tips? food?

(20 Posts)
scanner Fri 18-Jul-08 16:56:21

DC's have all had good school reports so we'd like to take them all to Legoland as a 'well done', but haven't been before. Is there a way to save money on the gate price? Is the food extortionate and terrible so worth taking a packed lunch or who care's it's a day out? Any other top tips?

CarGirl Fri 18-Jul-08 16:58:12

I'm sure I have some half price vouchers if you want them, will have to look later for you.

SqueakyPop Fri 18-Jul-08 16:58:37

We've always eaten in the restaurants when we've gone. I'm not one for howfing a picnic around. I'd say the food has gone downhill over the years, but it's not extortionately expensive (yes, more than in town, but not too much more).

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 18-Jul-08 16:58:52

we just bought our tickets with tesco clubcard vouchers.
they were £8 worth of vouchers per person

fruittea Fri 18-Jul-08 16:59:17

I have some Tesco free day out vouchers if you want them. And you might be able to buy your tickets in advance with Clubcard deals?

serenity Fri 18-Jul-08 17:00:55

lastminute.com have discounted tickets atm smile

scanner Fri 18-Jul-08 17:01:49

I don't shop a huge amount at Tesco's but do have a clubcard and never used the vouchers/points whatever so I must have some. I'll google to see if there's a site - not sure when we can go as dh is having an operation on Monday, so am reluctant to pick a date untill we know when he's on the mend.

ChippyMinton Fri 18-Jul-08 17:02:36

Take a packed lunch. Get there early.
buyagift.com have deals sometimes, as do lastminute.com

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 18-Jul-08 17:02:56

we didn't have to specify a date for the tesco vouchers they are valid for 30 days (iirc)

castlesintheair Fri 18-Jul-08 17:03:38

I got some vouchers (money off) for it yesterday at Waterstones.

serenity Fri 18-Jul-08 17:08:38

Restaurants are ok but pricey imo (been to more expensive ones though) We do take a picnic, unless the weather looks a bit dreary (have annual passes so have been a few times already this year!) It is a pain hefting stuff around, but we take a trolley and just park it with the three zillion pushchairs when we go on rides.

LIZS Fri 18-Jul-08 17:09:10

Tetley teabags recently had a 2 for 1 offer as did Pasquier Brioche bars. We thought food ok , but pricey if you stay all day and need to eat twice there.

ChippyMinton Fri 18-Jul-08 17:10:21

sainsbury doing vouchers ATM

scanner Fri 18-Jul-08 17:22:53

only have £4. of tesco vouchers, which isn't much help with a family of five - will check out all the other suggestions. Think you're right about hefting around a lunch, so will go for the inevitable nuggets etc. Just got to wait for dh to recover now.

Katisha Fri 18-Jul-08 17:29:07

You don't have to lug a picnic round. Go back to the car and eat it there. They let you back in! Did this on Wednesday.
The tickets are soo blooming expensive (although we went courtesy of Tesco)that I wouldn't fork out for expensive food as well.

Get there early and do the big rides first - viking thing, pirate falls - gets all the getting wet out of the way. Take waterproofs! Also the dragon roller coaster and the jungle one as well.

Then after lunch you can potter round the other stuff.

babyOcho Fri 18-Jul-08 19:00:14

When you book online on the Legoland website, choose the "Corporate Member Discounts" on the right.

Then click on the "You at work"

The code you need to enter is YOUATWORK

Enjoy grin

SqueakyPop Fri 18-Jul-08 22:13:17

I think carrying a picnic would be easier than schlepping back to the car park hmm, especially as you only have to carry it for a couple of hours.

There are lockers at the entrance level so you don't really have to leave your picnic baking in the car, nor do you have to leave the site.

SqueakyPop Fri 18-Jul-08 22:18:20

Scanner - you don't have to have nuggets, although can at each of the restaurants.

I mourne the passing of the fab restaurant they had in the central area by the lighthouse. It was great in the first few years, but they replaced it with something very inferior - but still many levels above chicken nuggets.

I found the pasta restaurant by the little kids area to be poor value for money. The place by Pirate falls was too fried. Good value for money and great quality food was the restaurant in the Castle area.

foxythesnowfox Fri 18-Jul-08 22:20:17

You can pay for Quebots so you don't have to queue up, but book your place. At £10 (each!) they aren't cheap, but I was glad to have them. Some queing was for an hour shock and with all mine under 6 it wasn't going to happen.

Saying that, do make sure that all of your LOs are tall enough. DD1 wasn't, and they do measure for all the rides, so that was £10 wasted.

The staff were great though, and any rides which needed 1 adult to 1 child they took care of the others and let me stay on for the next one.

scanner Sat 19-Jul-08 20:06:20

babyOcho - have had a look with that code and thank you very much.

Thanks for all the rest of the advice, we're in two minds about going tomorrow before dh's op (but have had a busy week) or in a couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now