Talk

Advanced search

Meeting venue nr Sheffield for 6m to 8 yrs kids plus parents

(10 Posts)
aquaveg Sun 06-Feb-05 11:07:56

Hi All

A newbie member here hoping for some help from what looks like a brilliant board !

Next Saturday I'm hoping to meet an old friend and her HB and kids. We need a venue with decent ( if possible ) vegetarian food and possibly indoor play near Sheffield ( towards the east side would be good as she is travelling from Scunthorpe ). My kids are 8 and 5 and hers are 7, 4 and 6 months.

I can't wait to be deluged with replies!!!

Thanks very much in eager anticipation.

Hulababy Sun 06-Feb-05 12:03:23

Just about to go ou but I live in Sheffield. I will have a think and post later on this afternoon/evening.

aquaveg Sun 06-Feb-05 19:55:27

Oooh that 'd be brill, thanks. Look forward to hearing from you later

Hulababy Sun 06-Feb-05 19:57:34

Only just got in recently so will be back later. Trying to think. Not sure if you'd get decent food AND indoor play together???? Hmmm....I will have a thik, whilst sorting DD out - who is very late going to bed.

Bump tomorrow too as there are other Sheffield/Yorkshire MNetters - more maybe around during the week, using computers at work.

aquaveg Sun 06-Feb-05 23:05:35

Ok Hula thanks very much.
I was using the term "decent" very losely when describing food possibilties . Anything vaguely veggie would be fine !
There must be some sort of Brewsters or whatever out Doncaster way ( yeah I know I said decent food .....) mustn't there ? Needs to be on a mainish road, easy to find/give directions to as well ( don't want much do I ??)
Will try to bump message before work tomorrow

Night Night

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 09:09:45

AH, that's fine then

Doncaster - if you come of the M18 at Junction 3 and head towards the Lakeside Outlet place. At the outlet roundabout go straight over and follow the road round and past the offices, the lake and the new houses/apartments. There is a family pub/restaurant there - The Cheswold, and it is a Brewsters actually! It has both indoor and outdoor play for childern, and a large restaurant. I haven't eaten there for ages TBH but it was fine - and it is easy to get to.

The Cheswold, Doncaster Leisure Park,Bawtry Rd, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN4 7PD

Sheffield - Brewsters just down from Meadowhall, opposite where the arena is. Come off M1, Junction 34 and head Meadowhall way. Continue down past the Retail park and onwards towards where the arena is. On the right hand side of the main road is a reasonable large Brewsters, which has indoor play.

Arena Square, 3, Arena Court, Attercliffe, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S9 2LF

Also round here is the Centertainment place right opposite the arena, which has loads of restaruants (american diner, pizza, etc.), cinema, ten pin bowling. And you will also pass a TGI Fridays on way from M1 towards Meadhall. In case Brewsters was busy, but these don't have indoor play.

HTH

aquaveg Mon 07-Feb-05 18:41:49

Thanks so much. I think I will go for the one near Donny as have been to M'hall one before and could do with a bit of excitement!!!!
Will now email my friend with the directions and see what she says.

Hope to be using these boards quite regularly so maybe catch you again ?
Have used ivillage and Handbag before but they did not have this days out facility which I think I'll find very useful

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 18:53:21

Hope you hang around here more then. There are actually a fair few of us from the area on here too. Can be pretty addictive here though - I warn you! We even have meet ups sometimes too.

Have a good day out.

aquaveg Sat 12-Feb-05 20:47:31

Just to let you know....
Had a very successful meet up at The Cheswold. The kids loved the play area and, thanks to the computer systems crashing, they got an extra hour's play!!
The food was ok too, although not many veggie options for kids ( as usual )

What a weird place it's in !! ( the lake and apartments etc...looks like Eurodisney !!!)

Anyway thanks again for enabling me to set up this rendezvous with my friends

Hulababy Sun 13-Feb-05 15:14:34

Glad you enjoyed it.

It is very new round there. At the far end is the Done (ice skating, swimming, sports complex) and opposite Asda and MacD. Also the conema and bowling, and restaurants. They've been there a while now. The rest is much newer - the lake, the apartments and houses. The retail park and offices are newer too. They are due to start a new sports complex too soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now