Talk

Advanced search

Legoland QBot - has anyone tried it?

(9 Posts)
Katisha Tue 15-Jul-08 14:34:19

Is it worth shelling out £40 (for 4 people eek) for a queue-busting QBot thingy tomorrow? (Wed.)

ChippyMinton Tue 15-Jul-08 14:36:39

If you planning on getting there when it opens I wouldn't bother because it should still be fairly quiet. Go straight to viking falls and then quickly visit the other big rides.

ChippyMinton Tue 15-Jul-08 14:59:59

Worth checking the price too, because the other week they were £10 per QBot, not per person.

Katisha Tue 15-Jul-08 15:17:37

Oh really? Thanks. The website is saying £10 per person at the moment. Geared up for school hols I bet. If it's £10 for all of us I might try it. But not if £40. It's expensive enough as it is.

ChippyMinton Tue 15-Jul-08 15:45:57

I expect it was a special offer because people didn't need one on a quiet day. Let us know if you do try one. I was planning on taking DS2 and friends for his birthday, and because most have annual passes I don't mind paying the extra on top as a treat for a busy weekend.

Katisha Thu 17-Jul-08 15:56:19

Didn't get one in the end. The queues weren't too bad in the morning, but by the afternoon were building up - the driving school especially.
I think it might be a worthwhile purpose in August, although £10 per person is steep on top of the ticket prices. I suppose they reason that if you have already paid a packet you may as well pay some more in order to actually enjoy it.

Katisha Thu 17-Jul-08 16:02:11

purchase not purpose...

kid Thu 17-Jul-08 20:56:13

I went legoland today and it was still pretty quiet there. We queued for about 20 minutes max for some rides.

Not sure how much people pay for their tickets, but I found a website to print out a voucher to take with you. Instead of £35 for adults at the gate, it was just £18. Kids tickets with the voucher were £16.
I got it from www.raring2go.co.uk/

Hope someone else can take advantage of the offer smile

emmakatie Thu 27-Aug-09 22:55:31

It's a load of rubbish... managed only 4 rides in 1 day with the qbot, cost us £60 for 6 of us. You can only book 1 ride at a time, so if the queue is 2 hours, you then have that time to hang around...and spend money on the rubbish they sell!Complained and got £30 back. Legoland is now so over priced, with the worst food, we have decided not to go again.
Shame really,it used to be much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now