Talk

Advanced search

Futuroscope, France

(16 Posts)
brightwell Mon 14-Jul-08 20:50:35

Has anyone been, what's it like, can you take picnics etc etc. I was thinking of using my Tesco vouchers.

LIZS Mon 14-Jul-08 20:53:21

ooo didn't know you could use Clubcard vouchers there , are there any other places which accept them in France ?

schneebly Mon 14-Jul-08 20:56:00

Ooh I went there about 10 years ago on a school trip! I remember having a great time but not much else about it! A lot of technological stuff, simlutaors etc and outdoor play areas pretty sure there were picnic tables. Sorry I am not much good at all am I? lol.

schneebly Mon 14-Jul-08 20:56:06

Ooh I went there about 10 years ago on a school trip! I remember having a great time but not much else about it! A lot of technological stuff, simlutaors etc and outdoor play areas pretty sure there were picnic tables. Sorry I am not much good at all am I? lol.

schneebly Mon 14-Jul-08 20:56:12

MorocconOil Mon 14-Jul-08 20:56:42

It's ok but I'd only go if you are close by. It's quite expensive especially if you buy food there. I'm pretty sure you can take a picnic.

schneebly Mon 14-Jul-08 20:57:03

oops blush

also pretty sure that was where we saw an amazing laser/water fountain type show in the evening hmm Maybe...

My memory is shite

brightwell Mon 14-Jul-08 21:16:29

We'll be about an hour & a half's drive away, we're staying in France for 3 weeks and I thought it would be a good full day out for the dc. Yes there's an evening show, looks like it's lasers. I'm planning on doing as little as possible for the rest of the holiday.

LIZS Mon 14-Jul-08 21:18:54

We'd be similar distance . Have been advised here is closer and worth the trip.

MorocconOil Mon 14-Jul-08 21:24:31

Hmmmm, suppose it's not too far away then. I think it's quite dated TBH. When it opened it would have been quite impressive, but we found the films/shows a bit tired and passe. However if you have some rainy weather it's somewhere to go, although you still get wet walking from attraction to attraction.

The Aquarium in La Rochelle is much better IMO.

Ambi Mon 14-Jul-08 21:24:56

We did it as a school trip too schneebly, was fab as far as I remember.

cornsilk Mon 14-Jul-08 21:25:43

Where is it?

schneebly Mon 14-Jul-08 22:02:59

near Poitiers I think

babyOcho Fri 18-Jul-08 18:23:16

we went there as adults about 8 years ago. i remember that the butterfly film was really good - it showed it on the floor, screen and i think even ceiling.
there was a lovely campsite nearby as well.

Anna8888 Fri 18-Jul-08 18:24:25

My stepsons loved it when they went two years ago aged 8 and 11.

PortAndLemon Fri 18-Jul-08 18:38:23

Went there as adults about 8 years ago <<idly wonders if it was the same time as babyOcho>>. Really enjoyed it and definitely planning to take the DCs when they are old enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now