Talk

Advanced search

I live in Clapham, friend lives in Bucks. What's a good outdoor day out that's easy for us both to get to?

(7 Posts)
franch Sun 13-Jul-08 10:50:43

I travel by bus, she comes by car (from near Stoke Poges).

We normally meet at Eddie Catz in Putney as there's a direct bus from here, and for her it's always the journey beyond Putney that gets really bad. But if it's good weather this week we'd like to take the kids somewhere outdoors.

Just checked out Kew - it'd take about 2h on about 4 buses! Where else should we try?

Or is there a good online map that'd show us the attractions in between our 2 starting-points?

franch Sun 13-Jul-08 16:39:54

bump

nightcat Mon 28-Jul-08 21:55:51

maybe Hampton Court(train/boat??) or Windsor?
Bushy Park has deer, like Richmond Park, but no food in the park, tho there are pubs etc nearby

IdrisTheDragon Mon 28-Jul-08 21:58:03

There's a website called halfwaybetween or something like that tells you places between two destinations. I'm not sure what it is called though, which isn't much help really blush.

IdrisTheDragon Mon 28-Jul-08 21:58:54

Here it is - it's called meethalfway smile

franch Wed 30-Jul-08 20:43:46

Sounds like a great site Idris, but you've linked to an ebay search for the garden gang - ??!!!

franch Wed 30-Jul-08 20:46:37

Aha! What a brilliant idea.

We met at the London Wetlands Centre in the end - nearer me than her, but I don't drive.

Will def make use of this site in future tho - brilliant idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now