Talk

Advanced search

Day out for 2 year old in the South Oxfordshire/West Berkshire area

(13 Posts)
cmotdibbler Fri 11-Jul-08 09:05:43

Dh away in Le Mans, foolishly said to my mum that I hadn't decided where to go with DS. She (slightly pathetically iykwim) said 'you could always come to us'. DS will go mad/get hurt if we stay at their house all weekend, and she can't think of things to do.

They live in Wallingford, and we went to the Child Beale a few weeks ago which was good, but am looking for other ideas. He loves animals, especially horses, but I'm up for most things.

Any brilliant ideas ?

gingerninja Fri 11-Jul-08 09:08:32

There is a lovely outdoor splash place in wallingford if the weather is good.

cmotdibbler Fri 11-Jul-08 09:17:13

Thanks - had forgotten about the paddling pool. I spent a lot of time there as a kid !

gingerninja Fri 11-Jul-08 10:45:44

I have some friends with a 2.5 yr in Wallingford who love the place. I have to say when I've been to visit I have too. Really pretty, nice walks, good pubs etc. I'd love to live somewhere like that. Unfortunately it's very much out of my price range!

Inquisitive Fri 11-Jul-08 10:50:24

If he likes animals, might he like the living rainforest?

jangly Fri 11-Jul-08 10:59:19

Woodcote steam engine rally is on on both Saturday and Sunday. (woodcote, Berkshire)here

cmotdibbler Fri 11-Jul-08 14:36:14

Woodcote steam rally is fantastic !Just the sort of thing I hoped that mum would remember was on (she has the start of what I think is dementia, and has problems with memory).

Ginger - yes, its a lovely place. My dads family have lived there for generations, and I was born and raised there. Wish we could afford to live there !

Inquisitive - I wasn't that fussed with the Living Rainforest when I went there a couple of years ago (used to take my nan for a wheel around to see the plants). Might have improved since then

brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 16:50:46

There's wiggies world in Abingdon, indoor play place. Swimming pool with wave machine & chute at Didcot (Didcot wave) Donkey sanctuary at Frog Island might have something on. There's a cinema in Didcot. The Kassam stadium isn't that far away, indoor play centre, cinema & bowling alley.

brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 16:54:09

There's "Timescape" near Wittenham clumps

Milliways Fri 11-Jul-08 16:56:29

Odds Farm has animals, adventure playground, tractor rides, hay bales to climb etc etc.

cmotdibbler Fri 11-Jul-08 16:57:01

We'll be going to the Wave on Sunday as mum loves to swim - if its warm enough may brave Wallingford pool even !

Is Timescape any good ?

And are you Brightwell cos you live there ? I've seen you around before and wondered. I was a young leader at the Brownies there for a few years, and then mum was Brown Owl

brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 17:00:10

I've not been to Timescape but keep meaning to. I live in Abingdon but have got connections with Brightwell, seemed like a good idea at the time!

cmotdibbler Sun 13-Jul-08 21:09:29

We went to Woodcote steam rally on Sat afternoon, and DS loved it. Nowhere near as big as I remember though. Between that and a walk round the farmers market in Didcot and the French one in Wallingford and swimming, nothing got too broken at my parents !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now