Talk

Advanced search

Chessington World Adventures or Alton Towers?????????

(11 Posts)
granarybeck Mon 07-Jul-08 22:23:53

Anyone been to both/either?? Taking ds, 11, and dd, 9, any one know which is best?

hertsnessex Mon 07-Jul-08 22:24:39

Alton towers is far better IMO

granarybeck Mon 07-Jul-08 22:28:10

Ah thanks, was planning on using clubcards vouchers to take them to chessington but then saw we could use them for alton towers too.

galletti Mon 07-Jul-08 22:28:55

Also depends how far you would have to travel to each. They are quite far apart.

granarybeck Mon 07-Jul-08 22:30:16

Am thinking prob about sameish to each, we're in herts(though must admit not actually looked properly where exactly chessington is)

granarybeck Mon 07-Jul-08 22:32:23

yes, have checked map and prob not too much in it distance wise

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 07-Jul-08 22:32:28

Def Alton towers.

Chessington is great for little kids but the rides are very tame.

granarybeck Mon 07-Jul-08 22:34:15

Oh, hadn't realised that. Is looking like Alton towers is perhaps best bet. Think I was fancying chessington as not mad keen on scary rides but dh and dcs will love it!!

jenniebee Mon 07-Jul-08 22:37:16

Alton towers all the way, its fantastic, something for everyone. smile

granarybeck Mon 07-Jul-08 22:51:58

fantastic, love it when get the same advice from everyone, saves me having to keep deciding!! Just looked at the splashlandings hotel, is soo expensive, thinkwe'll just have to get up early and drive smile

BexieID Fri 11-Jul-08 11:06:49

I've been to both and love Chessington the best. I love Proffessor Burps bubbleworks and the vampire ride. What about Thorpe Park? There are bigger rides there and the lovely farm?

You could do with 2 days at Alton Towers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now