Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to Ironbridge, Telford

(5 Posts)
PopsP Tue 01-Feb-05 00:39:31

We are thinking about spending a couple of days there over half term. Would you reccomend it ?
Is there much there for an 8 year old ? The family ticket is £42 so I want to make sure it's going to be enjoyable.

ja9 Tue 01-Feb-05 00:50:41

dh and i were there in summer. we really liked it. some of the bits wouldn't be much fun for an eight yr old, or rather you wouldnt spend very long at it eg the tar tunnel. some bits are ace, especially the museumy bit with mock villages (really sorry, mind is mush as is so late and i can't think of what its called). You will want to spend a whole day at that bit but it would be best to phone ahead and find out what happens there on each day, as they only have certain activities on certain days iyswim.

there was also a puzzling/ science place that dh and i just had a quick walk around but which i imagine an 8 yr old would love. am really sorry but i can't remember the names of the different sites - hopefully you know enough about the place to know which bits i'm talking about.

habe a lovely half term!

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 01-Feb-05 05:38:09

I have never been with an 8yr old but I did go the other day for work and I had been in to a childrens home. The staff there were saying there was plenty to see and do in the area. On our way home we had a wander round and I have to say I was quite amazed how gorgeous it was! I told dh as soon as a came home and said I would'nt mind a few days there myself!
Hope you enjoy it!

anorak Tue 01-Feb-05 08:28:44

My dds went there on a school trip when they were about 9 or 10. They liked it.

PopsP Tue 01-Mar-05 22:19:29

Just to let you know we went to Telford at half-term and had a great time, even though it was very cold.
The 8 year old and 2 year old both loved it. We also managed to get a 2 night deal at a hotel that included the family entrance ticket to all the attractions, so it did not cost too much either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now