Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Woking with toddler and baby

(10 Posts)
SamN Fri 28-Jan-05 15:26:07

Any recommendations for somewhere to breastfeed in Woking town centre? Also if there is anywhere good to go with a toddler and 6 month old please let me know. We'll be around on a Thursday at about 11am and leaving after lunch.

SamN Sun 30-Jan-05 19:08:06

surely someone must know Woking??

jane313 Sun 30-Jan-05 19:14:25

I've only been there once but a quick google came up with this
woking Ther seem tobe some soft play places.

I have breastfed in any cafe but theres a mothercare there and they usually have a room, or M&S do them

Branster Sun 30-Jan-05 19:56:17

they have a leisure center with organized activities for toddlers and a pretty good swimming pool. i've never used any of them but heard it from people who had done so. hopefully the website for woking council should have some phone nos for these places and you can phone up to see what's what. to my knowledge, neither of these two places are near the town center. the town center itself it's pretty grotty (aplogies to thsoe who live there) and the only times i've been there was to go to toys'r'us. the shopping center is the standard mix of shops, pretty poor IMO but fine for a quick visit and not too busy during weekdays (or any other days for that matter). sometimes they have a small market happening there, again not fantastic but it entertains the little ones.
have a nice time!

Branster Sun 30-Jan-05 20:02:06

there's a big Boots, they usually have mother&baby rooms. call them to double check though.

galaxy Sun 30-Jan-05 21:56:40

Try www.netmums as there is a Woking branch which may have the info you want.

annh Sun 30-Jan-05 23:13:07

Woking is actually pretty awful for any mother and baby things. I live there and have been racking my brains for ideas for you! There is no longer a Mothercare in town and although Boots used to have a good baby room, they refurbished a couple of years ago and I'm not sure if it exists any longer - it's certainly not in the same place. If you have a car, would second going to the leisure centre as it has a reasonable soft play and a playground right by the entrance. They also have a cafe but you would probably find it more interesting to go to the swimming pool cafe right next door as it looks out over the pool. In the town centre, there is a place called the Big Apple at the end of Commercial Way which I believe also has a soft play but have never been. Have only dropped ds1 there for bowling parties and found it horribly noisy and claustrophobic but would probably be completely different on a weekday.

EmilyD Mon 31-Jan-05 10:23:14

For food try this link here:- here or here :-
here for general things in the area

SamN Tue 01-Feb-05 16:17:41

Thanks for all your suggestions. Sounds like the Leisure Centre may be my best bet - although I like the idea of a cafe serving Persian food (which came up on EmilyD's list). I shall try netmums too.

EmilyD Wed 02-Feb-05 16:05:03

Try www.childfriendly.net also for some suggestions in the area. Persian food does sound interesting :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now