Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Snowdome

(8 Posts)
woodpops Mon 24-Jan-05 13:54:04

In Tamworth, has anyone been. Thinking of taking ds (3) but don't think there's anything that dd (2) can do there.

Dior Mon 24-Jan-05 20:17:58

Message withdrawn

RTKangaMummy Mon 24-Jan-05 20:24:42

What is it?

woodpops Tue 25-Jan-05 08:51:33

It's a centre for sking, snowbording, sledging etc that actually uses real snow.

Frizbe Tue 25-Jan-05 08:56:50

Its good for getting the kids to learn to ski and for a bit of practice yourself, I seem to remember that you have to book lessons for the kids, if they can't ski already, your not allowed to teach them yourself......There is a similar dome thing up in Sheffield, also a new one in Leeds I think, I've not been to either of the other ones, as we're doing warm this year! but have friends who have been going to Sheffield a lot recently prefer it to Tamworth, think facilites a bit better, if Hulababy is on here, maybe she can get the name of the sheffield one?

Hulababy Tue 25-Jan-05 08:59:40

The Sheffield ski centre is an outdoor one. Not been but very good apparanty. They have tbaggon and penguin runs for children (aged 3 up), and a big adventure playground for all children.

There is a big centre towards Leeds/Wakefield???? called Xscape (or similar). Think that is indoors and again supposed to be very good.

Hulababy Tue 25-Jan-05 09:01:45

Sheffield Ski Village

Xscape in Leeds and Milton Keynes

woodpops Tue 25-Jan-05 09:31:38

Cheers. I will have to look into it. Was just thinking the Tamworth one might be good for ds birthday party as it's only 40 minutes drive plus we've never had enough snow since ds has been born to take him sledging and I just thoiught it might be nice to do it on real snow!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now