Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Must see attractions in London with a 7yo.

(17 Posts)
grumpyfrumpy Sat 22-Jan-05 13:57:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nerdgirl Sat 22-Jan-05 14:00:18

Science and Natural History museum are both musts. My six year old also loved the London Eye and the aquarium and the 'Duck Tour'.

Lonelymum Sat 22-Jan-05 14:00:48

Tower Of London.
One of the museums maybe Natural History or Science are best for children.

Lonelymum Sat 22-Jan-05 14:01:31

Oh yes London Eye is fantastic.

Trip on the river is a possibility.

spacedonkey Sat 22-Jan-05 14:01:43

London Eye definitely!

Lonelymum Sat 22-Jan-05 14:03:34

Anything your 7 yo is particularly interested in?

The Acquarium is another good idea and right next door to the Eye so convenient.

Thinking of taking my 8 and 7 yo to HMS Belfast which is also close.

grumpyfrumpy Sat 22-Jan-05 14:03:35

Lonelymum Sat 22-Jan-05 14:05:03

You do not need to book but if you do, you may avoid big queues. You can book online.

Frieda Sat 22-Jan-05 14:18:48

What's the Duck Tour, nerdgirl?

misdee Sat 22-Jan-05 14:41:11

if he is a harry potter fan, then pop to kings x to see the platform 9 3/4 sign, get a travel card one day and u can just go loads of places tound london. mieows ds went a short while ago, he saw Buckingham palace etc.

nerdgirl Sat 22-Jan-05 18:47:12

Here you go Frieda.

PopsP Tue 01-Feb-05 00:12:52

I agree that the London Eye, Science and Natural History are musts.
I really wanted to go on the duck tour but my child was not too bothered so I could not really justify the expense !

The Rainforest Cafe is normally a big hit with kids, but you have to queue and I think the food is overpriced.

I bought a Kids London Sticker book (from DK), it was great for travelling around on buses, as it had loads of sights to look out for buildings, London cabs, Tube signs etc. It kept my 5yr busy for ages.

Fran1 Tue 01-Feb-05 00:20:49

We went to the Aquarium last week, it was fab.

The London eye was closed for maintenance ( i can't remember how long for) so you may want to check its open before you get DS excited about it!

bluesky Tue 01-Feb-05 11:53:52

grumpy frumpy what a great birthday treat!

As you are near Waterloo, definitely do the Aquarium, they have the best sharks, then do the Eye, and my two LOVE LOVE LOVE the duck tour, it goes from there too, you need to book though. If foul foul weather, the IMAX cinema at Waterloo is great fun and there is also a Pizza Express round there.

Love the sticker book idea, get on one of the roaming big double deckers with the open top, and that will really open his eyes to what is in London, and help you get some bearings.

Children always like Trafalgar Square, the big lions etc, you can stroll to Leicester Square one side or stroll to Covent Gdn the other side, few shops for you (!?) and probably some street entertainment to watch, lots of good food places. Or just a big M&S nr the CG tube if you just fancy sandwiches. The transport museum is there which I have never been to, but other mumsnetters really rate it.

Def recommend the Nat History Museum, dinosaurs are great, then the Science Museum, in the past we have then wandered to Harrods, just to go in the HUGE toy department!

grumpyfrumpy Tue 01-Feb-05 14:03:05

KBear Sun 06-Feb-05 21:31:55

thanks for that link to the offers - got friends coming from the US in May and they will be thrilled to get some discounts on attractions!!

I live in London (well, SE not central) and I can't wait for the holidays so me and mine can explore - they are 6 and 3 now so things are getting easier for trips.

grumpyfrumpy Tue 22-Feb-05 15:51:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now