Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Big Scream showings for parents and babies with under 1s

(9 Posts)
EmilyD Fri 21-Jan-05 09:22:20

Have any of you experienced one of these? What are they like?

If you are interested in going you can win tickets for the big scream showings each month here - they are giving away 4 pairs every month.

stringbean Wed 26-Jan-05 20:55:45

Went to see Briget Jones: Edge of Reason at a 'Big Scream' before Christmas and really enjoyed it. It was really well attended - lots of parents with little ones in carseats. Dd slept through most of it (but she was only about 8 weeks old, and is deaf to boot, so not surprising). There were a few older babies crawling around down at the front and the odd bout of crying, but on the whole, it wasn't distracting. However, I wouldn't recommend a session at a film requiring you to concentrate hard or read subtitles - keep it lighthearted.

MummytoSteven Fri 28-Jan-05 14:04:40

yes, been to them since DS was tiny (DS now 10 months), and think they are fab, particularly with tiny babies

i disagree with stringbean about the subtitling - at least if it's subtitled you will still be able to get all the dialogue if your little one decides to be loud

think they are a great idea

babies tend to be quite into whats on screen if they are awake

beansprout Fri 28-Jan-05 14:11:43

I've done this too and it was fantastic to do something "normal" like see a film. Would agree that it is probably not a good idea to see anything too subtle or complex!!

Gem13 Fri 28-Jan-05 14:21:54

I did this for the first time the other day with DD (11 months) and it was great. She crawled around and played with toys and I managed to watch all of the film (Bridget Jones).

There was always at least a couple of babies crying but I reckon there were around 200 there. You get used to the noise as it's like watching Neighbours at home while getting dinner ready and your own children are being noisy; you just don't hear them!

At one point a whole row of babies set each off which was actually funny.

I thought it would be great thing to do with a really little one. Friend of friend I met there said she often went to sleep!

CAZZZZZZZZZZ Sun 06-Mar-05 12:06:05

I DONT SUPPOSE ANYONE KNOWS OF A CINEMA IN BIRMINGHAM THAT DOSE THESE PARENT AND BABY SESSIONS

EmilyD Mon 07-Mar-05 19:47:35

the only ones that i know that do the screenings are listed on this page which is running a competition to win tickets each month here

fatnhap Fri 11-Mar-05 10:02:20

anyone know where cinema available to parents and babies close to north london?

misdee Fri 11-Mar-05 10:07:40

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/huggies-index.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now