Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Diana Memorial Gardens, Kensington Gardens - has anyone been?

(8 Posts)
Mickj Thu 20-Jan-05 21:07:40

A group of us are trying to meet up and there is one very small baby and two toddlers. Thought about Diana Memorial Gardens but cannot find anything about it on the internet like age limitations etc. Also, is there somewhere nearby for Sunday Lunch??? I know there are some good Dim Sum options in Bayswater that are child friendly, but you have to queue for an age.

lockets Thu 20-Jan-05 21:10:00

Message withdrawn

aloha Thu 20-Jan-05 21:11:15

No age limitations or entry fee or anything - it's basically a big adventure playground based on Peter Pan so there are wooden boats to climb on and a Mermaid 'island' with water to splash, an Indian village with teepees and a giant wooden pirate ship to climb all over. It's really lovely and most toddlers really seem to enjoy it. You get to it via the Black Lion Gate on Bayswater Road ( I think!) If you come out of the park and turn left you get to Notting Hill where there are cafes by the dozen and several pizza places including Pizza Express. On Sunday you can park for free on the Bayswater road. We were lucky and found a parking place directly by the gate.

Mickj Thu 20-Jan-05 21:26:17

Lockets and Aloha - thanks for that - I think a pizza could be a good option - I know the area vaguely, but at least I can now give the right gate to the others!!!

sis Fri 21-Jan-05 12:19:09

There is also a cafe in the playground that does okay pizzas etc but I think a nearby pizza express would be a better bet. I think there is a Bella pasta place too on the other side of Queensway station.

They also have reasonable toilets at the playground which is a bit of a rare treat!

sis Fri 21-Jan-05 12:20:20

Oh yes, and there is Whiteleys about five minutes walk away so you could go and see a movie there afterwards to chill out if you want before heading home.

Mickj Fri 21-Jan-05 20:44:39

Thanks Sis - sounds good and the Whitelys option is good if the weather is bad. Looking like it could be a really good Sunday.

Cristina7 Mon 31-Jan-05 14:42:50

Did you go and did you like it? We haven't been in the winter but it's a fab place in the summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now